What are the outcomes of black children born to married parents?

According to many on the left a person’s destiny in America is largely a function of the so-called “system”, whereas those on the right believe a person’s destiny is largely a function of who your parents are, how you are raised and the individual choices a person makes. Those on the left also argue that the “system” is specifically structured to target blacks more so than any other race.

That got me thinking, how do the outcomes of black children of married couples compare to those of unmarried couples of all races, as well as to the children of married couples of the same socioeconomic status? If the so-called “system” is functioning properly surely it does not distinguish between black people based on sociological situations.

Here is a very good article, albeit somewhat dated, on the importance of marriage on the outcomes of children. The trend lines after 1960 are startling! Here is one quote from the article:

“The Census data presented so far demonstrate that married couples have dramatically lower poverty rates than single parents. These substantial differences in poverty remain even when married couples are compared to single parents of the same race and level of education. The pattern is almost exactly the same in all 50 states.”

Personally I could give numerous anecdotal accounts of successful blacks I’ve known as well as family members and friends, I’ll give this one for now. I have a neighbor, a black couple, married with two kids. Father is a lawyer and his wife is a nurse (I believe). Both kids are in college. His son is looking at trying to get into the FBI, and his daughter is a student at MIT.

What are the outcomes of white children born to married parents?

Good question.

Now that married means something different from one man and one woman, will we need to redefine the demographic.

Lovingly being nurtured, equipped and guided into adulthood by the same two people that brought you into the world, consistently has the best outcomes for the children…white, black or any other skin pigment.

Haven’t many states done so? Also I don’t know if the stats pertain to adopted children.

That’s just old fashioned antiquated religious ■■■■■■■■■ The modern child’s success in life is purely based on the “system” that’s in place.

No one wants to talk about this?

No. Then people would have to look in the mirror instead of cowardly finger pointing.

First post after the OP.

Whataboutism.

Bravo!

the left doesnt no

they and their precious media avoid it like the plague esp during election yr

they will stand up and ask about white kids from unbroken homes though… because they are horrified to face the tragic outcomes of their idiotic policies

They (the left) probably won’t like what they find since it wont fit their preferred narrative.

She’s got a point.

There are white children born to unmarried parents, & fathers defaulting on their role is nothing new.

Go ahead.

1 Like

Did you look at the charts (for both black and white) posted in the article and parabolic rise after 1960?

Ok.

There are some children who turn out great in spite of ■■■■■■ parents, or just growing up with one, & others who turn out ■■■■■■ in spite of two married parents & the best efforts.

That’s my two cents.

Yes, she does.

I dunno but a lot of them that are in the streets wearing masks, chanting propaganda from the BLM cult and throwing ■■■■ at the police could be the misguided progeny of “married parents”?

Did you look at the statistics in the OP? Here are some more:

According to “What Can the Federal Government Do To Decrease Crime and Revitalize Communities?” from the U.S. Department of Justice, children from fatherless homes account for:

• Suicide: 63 percent of youth suicides
  • Runaways: 90 percent of all homeless and runaway youths
  • Behavioral Disorders: 85 percent of all children that exhibit behavioral disorders
  • High School Dropouts: 71 percent of all high school dropouts
  • Juvenile Detention Rates: 70 percent of juveniles in state-operated institutions
  • Substance Abuse: 75 percent of adolescent patients in substance abuse centers
  • Aggression: 75 percent of rapists motivated by displaced anger

This has some information. Page 2.