What are the dangers of coming out of the closet?

You better believe it.

Had a Trump sign stolen from my property in 2016…was glad that was the worst outcome.

Not sure if I will do the same this time. I might not be able to resist.

When I see a vehicle with a Trump sticker?

Instant respect…I know they are backing up their choice and getting middle finger road rage for it.

:speak_no_evil:

Stay strong, Trump Nation…the dawn will come. I encourage everyone to use this candle in their posts as a sign that the tribulations of all who only want what’s best for Donald will not go unrecognized.

:candle:

1 Like

That is horrible that a sign was stolen from your property. But we have to follow Donald’s example, and not respond to in kind to this sort of ridicule, insult, and outright violence.

The bottom line is there are violent and crazy people who are dangerous and defective. They are appalled and offended by sanity. So the sane have to be careful.

This is what is being reported…

This is far from the first time that individuals have been targeted for showing their support for the president. In August, a New Jersey art gallery owner said that he was beaten up by a gang of teenagers for the ‘crime’ of wearing the pro-Trump memorabilia.

https://www.rt.com/usa/475816-maga-hat-attack-teen-video/

This is pretty bad when we should be protecting all forms of expression.

Many of these attacks are justified because of inaccurate reports of the President supporting violence.

And there are thousands upon thousands of other examples that can easily be googled, in addition to your own story of persecution. What we are witnessing is truly horrifying and unpresidented in historical scale. And utterly beyond refudiation.

There has been a breakdown in civility in the last 20 years, in politics certainly but also in general. Did the Limbaugh program start it, or is it just a consequence of kids (who grow up into adults) not being taught manners by their parent (who was never taught it in turn.)

It is a fact that Republican speakers can’t go to many colleges and speak, because there’ll be a mass of students just ready to shout them down and harass them until they give up and leave. And that’s awful, that these college students are shutting down the voices of people they don’t want to hear.

Give people a chance to talk, then have a reasoned discussion with them. Don’t shut them down before you hear what they have a chance to say.

Just a few examples of many.

An article at the Washington Post from last year, that I can’t link to, about college students “all for free speech” - unless it’s something they don’t want to hear.

So it’s the 20-somethings on college campuses whom we all have much to fear. They are shutting down free speech, they’ll be the ones refusing to pay their student loans, and they are the ones who will be next leaders of the country.

Whether you are a Republican or a Democrat, this is cause for much concern.

We finally have a president we can be proud of and it’s driving liberals crazy.

That is indeed a cause for concern, but the topic here is specifically about the ongoing and increasing persecution that Trump supporters face every day, out in the real world, and not just behind the liberal walls of academia.

As a Republican, I am not proud of Trump and anyone who is is turning a blind eye to the many, many, many faults the guy has.

I will tell you that what I say is absolutely true. There are many Trump supporters who simply do not want to accept the risk of coming out. I know this to be true. My wife works for the school system. She has seen pro Trump stuff on FB and said: “I wish I could “like” that.” But she knows it could be a dangerous career move.

I wonder whether you can provide the suicide and attempted suicide statistics for Trump supporters compared to those in the LGBTQ community?

From the School District:

It is implied in the post that the altercation occurred because one of the students involved was wearing a political hat showing support for President Trump. There was no evidence found during the investigation that indicated the student was wearing any of this apparel at the time of the altercation or that his wearing of such apparel on a prior occasion motivated the incident. The incident began with a verbal altercation between two students that escalated when additional students became involved .

I have to admit I’ve got a little side-eye for mom’s tweet:

“I am sitting in the hospital with my 14 year old kid because he was just jumped by 8 black kids on the school bus, I guess that’s what happens when a kid wears a trumphat to school. And who’s the violent ones again?”

By all means. As I asked previously please post the respective suicide and attempted suicide rates for the two groups.

In CA we used to have a Mental Health State Hospital system where crazy people could live. Then the State let them out on he street. Those billions and billions of dollars saved, now funds leftist programs, top heavy bureaucracy, there to eradicate sanity and social tranquility and pay for foreign mental patients and criminals to come into the country to vote for democrats.

They wear hats that read “MAKE AMERICA MISERABLE AND POOR.”

Man - The Victim hood of Trump snowflakes never stops does it.

Ronald Reagan shut that program down.

This kind of explaining away, deflecting, and justifying violence against a small innocent child for wearing a MAGA hat is a perfect illustration at the kind of rabid hate supporters of Donald are at risk of suffering every day they choose to exercise their 1A rights. Gays and lesbians are free to force their pervert lifestyles down decent people’s throats as they openly and flamboyantly cavort and caper in public, but anyone supporting Donald has to remain closeted or face unpresidented violence if they speak out?

Terrible. The large and silent majority will not abide this for long.

1 Like

8 Black kids beat him up! And they say WE’RE violent!

Posting this garbage as a mom betrays some maybe unstable parenting. If my kid was involved in an altercation at school the last thing I’d want to do is blast it all over the internet to make some kind of political point.