What A Patriot Should Do On April 18, 2019

Softball question. Trump’s wall emergency abrogated Congressional power over purse.

Next?

Let’s not get carried away…

No, he left the Democratic Party years ago. :stuck_out_tongue:

Why do you think the left wants to end the EC? Why do you think the left wants sixteen year old’s to vote? Why to you think that the left wants to give amnesty to 20 million illegals? Why do you think that the left do not want the border shut down? Why do you think the left want drug dealers not to be in jail?
The left are not the holly angels you make them out to be. They could care less about anyone except those that keep them in power. And as soon as anyone who is a minority leaves the leftist party they are demonized.
The only thing that matters to the left is not just the White House. No they want total control of the whole country. And it does not matter how bad a person is who is running on the left for any office. They just want that person elected. Because to them winning and total control is all that matters. They know that they are not going to get gun confiscation, the new green deal, Medicare for all and all their leftist dreams until they have total control. And that is all that really matters.

1 Like

Actually I agree with the idea on the thread. I hope all parties should look askance at Russian interference and work against it, but it looks like this is developing into another arguing thread, everybody wants to get their digs in against the other side on the things they’ve already argued about.

2 Likes

I was against the patriot act because we were giving the government to much power. And I have been proven right. But since it was passed you have not heard one President call for the patriot act to be ended.
What people want to do with the internet and places like face book because of the Russians is the same as the patriot act. They want the government to monitor social sites and decide what is a real ad and what is an ad bought by a foreign government. The next step for the government will be to start monitoring sites like this and deciding who is here that is a foreign power that is posting here to influence our elections.
The United States has always been a country where freedom of speech is protected. Even speech that you don’t like. If we are to continue to be a country of freedom of speech than we will just have to accept that Russia and China and a whole host of other countries will try to influence our elections. It’s not like this is something new.
There are people who post here who are not Americans do you think that they should not be able to post on Hannity because they might influence someone to vote a certain way?
Most voters vote party line every election no one is probably going to change who they were going to vote for.The few voters who do vote both ways are probably going to vote for who ever they feel represents their issues the most.
Look at political tv ad’s how many ad’s have changed a persons mind about who they were going to vote for? I can say that no ad has ever changed my vote. If you ask me what brings out the vote it is issues. If the left come out pushing gun control the second amendment voters will be out in force. If the right comes out pushing ending abortion than the pro choice people will come out in force. There are many people who never vote until an issue that affects them come up and than they can always make it to the polls.
If Russia hacked voting machines and changed votes than I would say yea we need to do something.
But facebook ad’s the government has done all that they can do which is inform the American people about what is going on and let the American people decide what they think is real and what they think is not.
Freedom is not easy and it is messy. But I would rather have the freedom to make my own choices on what is real and what is not than have the government make that decision for me.

Ahhh… the always satisfying “two wrongs make a right!”

And, if MY memory serves, Clinton didn’t rely on “I can’t remember” as much as he did obfuscation and parsing language.

On 110 occasions during more than four hours of grilling by prosecutors representing independent counsel Kenneth W. Starr, the president responded with statements such as “I don’t necessarily remember,” “I have no recollection” and “I don’t have an independent memory.”

Yeah, you’re right.

2 Likes

No, I’m wrong. My memory didn’t serve.

Sooo… Trump is forgiven, then?

Do you forgive him?

So based on the thread title, patriotism is good again?

What’s the difference between patriotism and nationalism?

1 Like

So according to your question, you can’t tell the difference.

Or you are trolling.

Explain it to me please.

You might want to read the rules about the trolling thing.

Sad isn’t it. One of the main goals of Russian hacking is to promote anger and disunity. Based on this thread, I think they are being effective.

Isn’t that the republicans job?

Oh wait

4 Likes

Lenin had a term for people like you… “useful idiot.”

The left does not want to end the ec. Some do. Sure.
Saying that the left wants to end ec is like saying the right wants to bar brown people from the United States.

He didn’t. :grin:. Trust me. The Russian language qualifies idiot as follows

Full idiot
Half an idiot
Idiot

That’s about it. “Useful” is an English idiom. It translates as comfortable. Doesn’t really work.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program

1 Like

It’s not the right that has been putting forth bills to end the Electoral College.

3 Likes

Let’s read my post again