What A Horrible Ruling

What if he was? Would he be facing charges?

Per the linked article: the person who was shot was NOT “present in the US” (legally or otherwise) they were in Mexico.

He was actually straddling the border since the culvert was the border.

“Likely shot in the neck while he was running.”

"He was unarmed, standing on the Mexican side of the border on a sidewalk on Calle Internacional street, in front of a doctor’s office, below a sign reading “Medical Emergencies” in Spanish. He was hit from behind by 10 bullets."

And there was video footage but US customs and border protection refused to release it. I’m surprised they’d be allowed to refuse that in court.

Keep reading. It states that the culvert on which he was standing was the border.

No. If he was a good soldier he wouldn’t have shot a kid for chunking rocks. That’s not how you handle that.

Irrelevant.

It is to the question of whether the kid was on US soil or not which was the crux of the decision.

Was he “a kid”? “A youth”? Or “a military aged male”? Two of the above? Or all three?

You can be all three actually.

1 Like

they shouldn’t be

I have advocated rolling cpb into the coast guard and creating a “border guard” under DoD control for years. Along with that we need to join every other developed nation and make deporting illegal aliens a strictly executive function.

All three.

And yet, they are. And because of stare decisis, they are now immune.

Military-aged men illegally crossing borders are a military assault on the country they are entering or they are deserters.
If there is injustice in their home country, military aged men have the duty to fight against the injustice at home.
They have no right to run away.

Military age doesn’t mean in the military.

1 Like

Just like the Obama judges that release criminal illegal alien’s back into to our communities who kill law abiding citizens who will not get their day in court. Right?

so heres my question…
as a result of this ruling if for example a mexican thug shoots a border patrol agent from the mexican side does this mean the thug is free from any consequences under us law.

It doesn’t work that way.

But perhaps Mexico should refuse extradition in any such cases until the Supreme Court changes its tune on this issue.

If a Border Agent can shoot and kill across the border with impunity, with no chance of justice for the victims, then justice should be denied in the opposite situation.

1 Like

That’s what I meant. Basically this ruling can be putting a big target on cpb agents backs

They did it to themselves.