WH cut legal aid, language classes, and playtime for children

WH is cutting a large amount of benefit and privileges for children held by DHS.

The Trump administration announced that they are cutting English classes, legal assistance, and recreational activities for unaccompanied minors staying in federal migrant shelters, citing budget pressures.

The Office of Refugee Resettlement has begun to end funding for programs for the unaccompanied minors, according to a report by The Washington Post published Wednesday.

U.S. Health and Human Services spokesman Mark Weber, whose department includes the ORR, told the Washington Post that the programs being cut were “not directly necessary for the protection of life and safety, including education services, legal services, and recreation.”

Cruelty is the point. Stick it to the libs herp derp.

You will note the source I used wasn’t CNN or mainstream Media it was a Christian news website that is how bad this is getting.

Someone should point out that children have heartbeats.

3 Likes

yep…

is it the job of these “migrant shelters” to educate and entertain these kids?

Of course not. Keep 'em in cages, feed them bread and water.

It’s not like they’re people or anything.

3 Likes

Yes. It’s the ‘job’ of every human on earth to treat other humans with dignity and respect.

But it’s really not a job if you enjoy it, so maybe that’s the problem here…

Exactly. That’s why they’re taking those away.

The cruelty is the point.

They cut the english classes and soccer. Now they are just in cages.

Are you happy now?

Call them fetuses so they would want to protect them.

2 Likes

which is nice if you can afford it. but…

“The administration has requested nearly $3 billion to shore up the program in a supplemental budget request, but Congress has yet to approve the money.“

damn democrats, ya know?

Well take the money out of the military budget… I think we can do with a few less F35s, right?

The Republicans control the Senate, and individual Republican house members blocked disaster relief for weeks… but this is the fault of the Democrats? Why? Provide some documentation.

not sure. it’s a pretty scary world out there

you see Russia’s hypersonic missle launch? yikes

anyway it’s congress who controls the purse. not sure you can just “take money” from a and put it on b despite what idiot democrats lead you to believe.

Or Trump… isn’t this exactly what he is trying to do for the wall?

I don’t see that in the article quoted in the OP.

I’m glad to hear that you believe that Trump’s attempt to redirect military funding to “the Wall” is unconstitutional.

1 Like

the house (currently dem controlled) originates appropriation for budgets.

here’s some documentation:

oh sorry. here, jeanine pirro on fox news: