Well surprise, surprise The remain in Mexico plan is back

How much inhabitable land have we added?

What was the population then and now?

We have room for at least 1,000,000,000 people in this nation.

Lots of room for all.

Allan

Another point gone.

1 Like

We have plenty of room for additional people. (Immigrants, births etc)

Allan

During the 1850s, the government ran surpluses nearly every year,
and the federal debt plunged to just 1 percent of GDP.

US Debt to GDP as of Q1 2021: 127.65%

Social/welfare programs in 1850s, next to nothing.

Social/welfare programs in 2020s, medicare, medicaid, social security, free public schools (including for illegals), hospitals forced to treat anyone (including illegals). Our health care systems are operating under severe strain, raising prices on health care across the board. Many are projected to be insolvent in the years ahead.

US students lagging in reading, math, and science versus their Asian peers whose teachers are not burdened with teaching the native language to impoverished 3rd-worlders.

3 Likes

Yeah! What you said!

how would we be responsible for camps in Mexico?

as an aside, don’t believe every bit of leftist drivel you hear

not very “green” of you

Because we are requiring people who come to the border to request asylum legally to remain in Mexico.

It’s not the Mexico part I have problems with, it’s the deplorable condition of the camps.

No.

So you do believe in open borders?

My grandparents waited six years to emigrate from Italy to Ellis Island in 1906 and unless they had a “sponsor” they couldn’t leave the island. Granted the immigration process has changed since the European migration to America then but the big difference is those people wanted to be “Americani” the right way.

2 Likes

They are welcome to request asylum in Mexico as well as numerous South American countries that are geographically closer as well.

I don’t disagree. Nevertheless, they chose to come here and request asylum. And who can blame them?

That still doesn’t justify shunting them off into concentration camps. It is unconscionable.

To me, anyway.

There are no asylum conditions in any of those countries

I don’t understand. Please elaborate.

They are not escaping prosecution.

1 Like

Great post! :clap: :clap: :clap:

This will be ignored by the poster you replied to though.

It’s absolute idiocy to compare then to now.

1 Like

The fastest way to evacuate a lib from a thread is to present him with irrefutable, undeniable facts and data. I was not expecting a reply that amounted to anything more than worthless platitudes. In the face of my post, he could not even manage that.

1 Like

Persecution but otherwise correct.

1 Like