Well, I Don't Really Blame Him,

after all, they are both full of white people…

“Since we’re in the Emerald Isles here, let me quote the bard, William Shakespeare,” Obama said. “‘What wound,’ he writes, ‘did ever heal but by degrees.’”

Neither of which has anything to do with the country he was actually in.

Maybe it was the choom talkin’.

2 Likes

Shakespeare was of course English, so what did Ireland or Scotland have to do with it?
The line quoted, per the internet, was from Othello, which would have placed it in Cyprus.

2 Likes

1 Like

Fascinating.

I feel sorry for Ron Blitzer for having to write this article.

Scotland isn’t an “emerald isle” either.
Choom.

1 Like

Key points, be emotional and confrontational and any of the old folks in your government that don’t agree with you are fools trying to kill you. Oh, and I am still the smartest and hippest guy on the planet.

1 Like

His rhetoric is quite mean spirited.

His one accidental honest moment was when he said to the youth, “So to all the young people out there, as well as those of you who consider yourselves young at heart, I want you to stay angry. I want you to stay frustrated…”

2 Likes

I’d love to read what he had to say about “Nambia” or the border wall in Colorado.

Meh…

It’s not like he was reading it from TOTUS.

These were deeply personal, emotional off the cuff feelings he was trying to express and he used his own deep knowledge of Shakespeare and geography to bring us all together.

1 Like