Well, according to AOC, we now have only 9 years left to Live!

Yup! In 2019, AOC warned us sternly we will all die in 12 years from global warming.

Well, we have 9 years left now!

I figure I’ll post a new warning every few years to remind everyone of the doom awaiting…

3 Likes

There was already a thread about this.

Yep

1 Like

global warming will take 9 years? that depends on how hot the wars with Russia, China and Iran get…

If we bring the woolly mammoth back it will slow climate change. :wink:

2 Likes

We’re all going to DIE!!!

Right libs?

1 Like

Yes, we’re all going to die.

Does reminding libs just how silly they are embarrasses you?

2 Likes

We were all suppose to be dead by now ( Or the year 2000) according to " Scientists" in the 1970’s…

https://www.aei.org/carpe-diem/18-spectacularly-wrong-predictions-made-around-the-time-of-first-earth-day-in-1970-expect-more-this-year-3/

"1. Harvard biologist George Wald estimated that “civilization will end within 15 or 30 years unless immediate action is taken against problems facing mankind.”

"5. “Most of the people who are going to die in the greatest cataclysm in the history of man have already been born,” wrote Paul Ehrlich in a 1969 essay titled “Eco-Catastrophe! “By…[1975] some experts feel that food shortages will have escalated the present level of world hunger and starvation into famines of unbelievable proportions. Other experts, more optimistic, think the ultimate food-population collision will not occur until the decade of the 1980s.”

2 Likes

Hate to be a lib that has a newborn…no hope.

1 Like

That’s not a joke BTW.

1 Like

Even newborns will die someday, with or without climate change.

Harvard biologist…didn’t forum libs say we should listen to Harvard scientists? I mean after all they’re always referencing to Harvard.

2 Likes

Working on three years ago. It’s okay to have a thread about something … even every year.

1 Like

How would that work, I wonder? Wouldn’t woolly mammoths release even more methane than cows do?

Well, the theory was in a Scholastic News for my 3rd grade class so it was rather watered down for that level. It was presented as a yes/no debate for bringing them back.

I can’t get my digital subscription copy to load right here at home but I can get the article in reading form. Here it the beginning plus the YES argument.

Imagine a furry elephant. Creatures like that, called woolly mammoths, once lived in colder parts of the world. They became extinct thousands of years ago, but what if they were to return from the dead?

A company called Colossal hopes to bring back woolly mammoths with a process called de-extinction. It’ll use DNA from a frozen mammoth. DNA is in cells, and it decides how living things look and behave. Scientists will copy the DNA into the cells of the mammoth’s closest living relative, the Asian elephant.

Some people think it would be exciting to see mammoths alive. But many scientists worry de-extinction could cause more harm than good.

Should we bring these extinct creatures back from the dead?

YES

Colossal says mammoths could help slow climate change. The frozen soil where they lived is called permafrost. It contains tons of trapped greenhouse gases.

Today, snow covers the permafrost. It is like a blanket that warms the soil. As the soil thaws, it releases greenhouse gases, which speed up climate change.

Colossal says bringing back mammoths could help. They could scrape away some layers of snow as they look for food. Without the snow, cold air could reach the soil and keep it frozen. Gases would stay trapped.

Supporters say the mammoths could help restore their habitat in other ways. They would tear down trees for food. The area might return to the grassy plains it was long ago.

I did some searching and apparently this is a thing.

There are a lot of articles out there on it.

2 Likes

That article is pure fantasy. Not the bringing back the wooly mammoth part, the stopping climate change part. First off, there are no trees on the tundra for them to uproot, but secondly, the snowfall on the tundra is insufficient to retard freezing of the ground, but compression of the vegetation by the mammoths would cause the permafrost to melt everywhere they walked. Destruction, or even just disturbance, of the vegetation is the number one cause of melting permafrost in the Arctic. Those guys who postulated that are ignorant idiots.

2 Likes

Ya think? lol. The saving grace for this was even the kids thought this was stupid. :rofl:

4 Likes

I would like to see furry elephants return and become a sustaining population.

They ain’t doing anything for the climate change fandom. Like the climate WON’T change? It isn’t a serious approach to environment concerns.

1 Like

Only dimocrats can buy us more time.

Has biden extended our lives yet??

You’d think he’d be crowing about it if he did.

1 Like