Welcome to the oligarchy

I’ve called America an oligarchy many times and this Princeton and Northwest Universities study is definitely in line with that. The first Merrian Webster definition is “government by the few” and that is exactly what we have. With the massive influence of corporations, billionaires and special interest lobbying groups, the will of the people is GONE.

GONE.

Read the short article about the study and it’s results before you comment if you would please. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

In the long run, this matters even more than who is president or in control of the house and/or senate.

5 Likes

This is not a new phenomena.

The rich have had the upper hand since the very beginning of the country.

Yeah I don’t think they’re that far off the mark.

Researchers concluded that U.S. government policies rarely align with the preferences of the majority of Americans, but do favour special interests and lobbying organizations: “When a majority of citizens disagrees with economic elites and/or with organized interests, they generally lose. Moreover, because of the strong status quo bias built into the US political system, even when fairly large majorities of Americans favour policy change, they generally do not get it.”

I know we have discuss this before here…it was also reason why so many Americans were tired of Bush and Clinton’s. We had hold up our end of bargain by dispatching Jeb early on…but libs ended up supporting their Queen.

@FloridaYankee great OP.

I disagree that it is “corporations”.

DACA is a good example.

1 Like

Corporations, billionaires and special interest lobbying groups.

Definitely an Oligarchy. Now what?

Revolution.

1 Like

Trump isn’t ending the oligarchy.

He’s entrenching it.

You “held up your end of the bargain” by electing one of them.

1 Like

Somehow I doubt it. This country is far more comfortable with the status quo than most realize.

Nope.

Not until there’s another group that shows up that feels like it should be the next oligarchy.

And right now, that can be done without the bother of a revolution.

Neither Trump nor Obama are part of the oligarchy.

No ■■■■

There are not two separate oligarchies.

Well if you mean neither got their invitation to Bilderberg…

That’s right…hence why there won’t be a revolution.

Trump’s election was a total rejection of the status quo and exactly what I’ve said here for years.

Can ya hear me now?:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Everybody is not part of the oligarchy. In fact, the oligarchy is by definition a tiny minority. Revolution is inevitable. Embrace the hate.

and replace it with what?

There in lies the rub.