Welcome to the NHL, Seattle

plus you make a night/weekend of it.

Pretty much anywhere on the Pacific Northwest is great spot to live.

Yep.

10 char

Yep most cities for the same section its 200$ cheaper Vancouver is one of the most expansive cities in the world.

Or maybe Vancouver will get a clue and lower their prices. Does it cost that much to go to a game in Toronto?

not as much but still expansive for a good ticket your looking at 200$.

Supply and demand.

Why cut costs when you’re selling out at their prices?

That’s crazy, but then I’m not sure I’d be willing to pay $50. Just don’t like hockey that much, although growing up in the midwest I had many family members who loved the NHL.

They sell out every game pretty much so prices are only going to go up…

Well I’m surprised they are selling out, as I don’ think the Vancouver team is very competitive. But then the Vancouver area has a population similar to Seattle. They sure need better highways though, driving there is a nightmare. Not that Seattle is easy either.

At those prices a family of four could be paying over $1K for a few hours of hockey.

Ya its insane I would never pay that much for a ticket. I just go to the odd minor league game like 100$ just as good.

I don’t know much about the canucks this season and I didn’t research if they are actually selling out, but I’ll use the packers example again. They are absolute trash this season. Still sell out. It’s more than just the game. It’s an event and a centerpiece of the city/area’s culture.

It’s nice Seattle got a team, I hope it works out. Having formerly lived in Phoenix where I was Coyote’s season ticket holder for dirt dirt cheap I’ve been wary against NHL expansion. I was very much against Vegas getting a team, expecting it would end up like Phoenix. “Hockey don’t work in the desert” I said. I could not have been more wrong on that one.

I just want Milwaukee to have a team. The Blackhawks will never allow it, but the fact Hockey crazy Wisconsin doesn’t have a pro team is a crime.

The Knights are crazy popular but that might be because they an amazing season.
the reason why Canucks sell out is because for pretty much everyone on the west coast that is their only option for hockey.

@hwyflier Yes, but Las Vegas made it all the way to the Stanley Cup final if I remember correctly. It helps to have a winning team

I’ve always thought many people who attend hockey games in cities like Tampa probably don’t live there all year but are visiting from colder climates.

I totally agree with you about Wisconsin. Hockey has been and remains popular in the midwest, so they could definitely handle another team.

Chicago should have nothing to worry about, since there is such a huge population in that area.

For sure, everything fell into place for them athletically. I also think due the tragedy they were given an opportunity to become a centerpiece of the area’s culture in a remarkably fast way and their genuine response
earned them their palce.

However, even if they were trash that first season, I still hadn’t correctly factored in all of the “snowbirds” that winter in Vegas, that are much different type of “snowbird” than I knew in Phoenix. I also under estimated the rest of the local’s thirst for a professional sports team. They’re killing it. I’m happy for it, as a hockey orphan they’ve quickly become one of “my” teams.

I just wish it were Milwaukee, and that they did a game or two a year up in the Northwoods. The world deserves to know about the wars that occur in those thunderdomes.

As I suspected, a lot of people who go to games actually live in colder climates.

Forgot to mention about Green Bay… you are right they are bad this season but having no problem selling tickets as it is such a huge party of their culture. However, GB isn’t usually a bad team. They generally make the playoffs, this is an off year for them but not typical.

I think its because Vegas was desperate for any sort of sports team. Especially since its been a long while since UNLV was relevant in anything. With zero competition and a city starving for a team its not surprising to me they thrived.

It’ll be interesting to see if the Golden Knights popularity holds after the Raiders come to town.

I hope it would be the Seattle Barracudas in honor of Heart.

YASSSSSSS

So hockey friends, the rink in this photo is from Eagle River, Wisconsin, and it has just been named one of the four contenders in Kraft Hockeyville, and I have a chance to see my dream, of an NHL game (even if preseason) played in this THUNDERDOME in da northwoods!

Please vote, this will be amazing to see in person, and probably great on TV too.

Voting opens March 30th. Winning rink hosts a game and gets $150k in upgrades. If you ever want a winter wonderland vacation, or a dreamscape freshwater fishing trip in the summer, look into Eagle River.

https://www.krafthockeyville.com/#