Weed legal in over half of US states now

Second try.

What I was basically saying is it’s probably too late to reverse the progress on this issue, I don’t see these being rolled back anytime soon. Next step is probably decriminalization at federal level

Also, Smyrna pointed out increased possibility of car crashes which seems to check out

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2019-05-15/study-ties-legalizing-pot-to-car-accidents-injuries

Consequence of an action…

Second largest employer in my area over a thousand people is a industrial weed farm

2 Likes

Well, the CBD industry is another result of de-criminalized marijuana.
And, I hope to see an increase in the amount of domestic hemp, both cloth and rope.

1 Like

We also discussed some bible belt liquor laws and how Indiana liquor story lobby contributed to those (as opposed to simply bible belt morality that everyone seems to think is the sole reason)

F.e. cold beer sales are still not allowed in Indiana grocery stores because of liquor store lobby’s efforts

2 Likes

Speculation. As I posted in the other thread: “Marijuana users were about 25% more likely to be involved in a crash than drivers with no evidence of marijuana use, however other factors–such as age and gender–may account for the increased crash risk among marijuana users.4”

Meanwhile: “In 2016, 10,497 people died in alcohol-impaired driving crashes, accounting for 28% of all traffic-related deaths in the United States.1”

https://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/impaired_driving/impaired-drv_factsheet.html

2 Likes

yay more drugs on the street

Wait, isn’t that taking them off the street ? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Fewer drugs on the street, more money from sales taxes.

“Colorado has now generated more than $1 billion in total state revenue from the legal marijuana industry, another milestone for the state that legalized cannabis in 2014.”

1 Like

what kind of nonsensical lying leftist logic is taking something off the “street” because it becomes legal?

capitalism - leftists love it now

In today’s BBC ‘‘Fewer young people trying marijuana since it’s legal’’

…because when it’s legal, you don’t have to buy it on the street.

I’ve always loved capitalism, and so does every “leftist” I know.

I thought conservatives preferred sales taxes over income taxes? Or is that just another campaign slogan like so many others?

2 Likes

who said anything about “buying” it that way

people will be getting high everywhere now

cant even do that with alcohol

Legal also means regulated which means its harder for kids to obtain it. How many 12 year olds smoke? Same principle. In Washington you have to be 21 to smoke pot or tobacco as well as consume alcohol legally.

Similar to public drinking laws, there are public smoking laws. Look into it.

Making weed legal does not make smoking it on the street legal.

In fact, every state that I’m aware of that has legalized Marijuana, they have all limited consumption to private property.

1 Like

We have sales tax in Washington and it works great. So great in fact, we don’t need a state income tax.

2 Likes