We Will Regret ever doing the Shutdown

The 80-year-old curmudgeon didn’t even win the Iowa Caucus. He won what 2 small primaries? Come close??? In the end he was never in the race. @Ceasar, this isn’t even a valid point

We are going into uncharted territory have been for the last decade of debt adding. I remember the Simpson-Bowles non partisan company under Obama who was given the task of how to decrease the debt came back saying we are screwed unless we rapidly decrease spending and increase taxes that was when the debt was 12 trillion.

The only people who unfortunately might come out looking good after this are those people we all thought were crazy on that show doomsday preppers.

2 Likes

So…who is willing to get sick and/or die for the sake of the economy? Who is willing to sacrifice a spouse, a child (if you have kids in your house), an elder/parent or maybe a co-worker with underlying conditions for mammon?

Might as well try to settle this now

Many people said from the beginning that if we do a good job mitigating the spread of the disease, people will say we overreacted. I’ll take the word of the medical experts over internet partisans worried about their retirement accounts.

4 Likes

The economy being shutdown for a little or losing a relative to this disease… gee, tough choice. :roll_eyes:

AMEN!

1 Like

Oh I agree totally. This shut down is an historic event that should never be repeated as we are doing far more damage to the country then the virus itself. We’ve turned into a country from “lets roll” strength after 9/11 to “lets roll up in a ball” & hide with this virus! It’s embarrassing really and we will look back on it as “what were we thinking” shame.

1 Like

Yep. If people think they’re 401k’s are more important than the health of my family they’re in for a rude awakening

I wonder if next flu season we will see all the people crying about how we need to shut the country down because if we don’t we want people to die.

So far that’s pretty much what we did.

1 Like

This is just the flu, no big deal. :roll_eyes:

More damage than 2 million Americans dead? What exactly do you think would happen if we got to that point? We would be forced to do the same thing we are now with the only major difference being those millions of dead Americans

No

No it isn’t. The flu doesn’t have the potential to kill millions of Americans in a season without preventive measures

To be fair its killed alot more then 9/11, that was one attack with a viable enemy. The war on terror has also cost us trillions. Were still fighting 9/11 over 15 years later

Isn’t it? The numbers pretty well match a flu season so far.

We haven’t taken preventative measures.

Is there a vaccine for COVID-19?

@JayJay posted an article by a woman with some expertise that supports the idea this shutdown was a mistake.

Is there one that works for flu?

Great point.

If there wasn’t a flu shot the flu would be much worse than this virus.