WE NEED HELP: LA Officials Ask Gov. Newsom to Declare ‘State of Emergency’ to Fight Homeless Crisis

Originally published at: https://hannity.com/media-room/we-need-help-la-officials-ask-gov-newsom-to-declare-state-of-emergency-to-fight-homeless-crisis/

Los Angeles officials urged California Governor Gavin Newsom to declare a State of Emergency in the coming days to help local governments combat the escalating homeless crisis sweeping the region.

“Facing a deepening quagmire over homeless encampments, Los Angeles elected officials are increasingly looking to sweeping statewide initiatives to shake loose solutions,” reports the Herald Mail. “The latest proposal from Los Angeles County Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas and City Councilman Joe Buscaino would have the governor declare a state of emergency on homelessness in California.”

“The governor should not sign a declaration of emergency until the proponents identify the specific laws and regulations they want to get around, and the resources they believe the declaration would free up,” said one resident who opposed the proposal. “The state statutes regarding emergencies were not designed to respond to long-standing political, leadership and moral disasters.”

“There are more questions that need to be worked through before he could support something like that,” Newsom spokesman Nathan Click said.

Experts estimate there are currently 60,000 people living on the streets of Los Angeles, but the actual figure can be much higher.

Read the full report here.

Related Story: September 23, 2019

OPERATION LOS ANGELES: Pro-Trump Group Removes 50 TONS of Trash from LA Homeless Camp

The pro-Trump organization that helped clean-up Baltimore’s littered alleys and streets earlier this year traveled to Los Angeles over the weekend; removing more than 50 tons of garbage from a local homeless camp.

“It’s almost 9 a.m. & we’re removing waste from a homeless camp in Los Angeles. Why is an outsider from Northern Virginia here & not California elected leadership?” asked activist Scott Presler on social media.

It’s almost 9 a.m. & we’re removing waste from a homeless camp in Los Angeles.

Why is an outsider from Northern Virginia here & not California elected leadership? #LosAngelesCleanup pic.twitter.com/yqW2pxKA3c

— #ThePersistence (@ScottPresler) September 21, 2019

“We’re making incredible progress. This is an act of love,” he added.

We’re making incredible progress.

This is an act of love. #LosAngelesCleanup pic.twitter.com/lbR7tU8VPU

This is one of the proudest moments of my life.

I’ll never forget the day we cleaned up a homeless camp in LA. #LosAngelesCleanup pic.twitter.com/jTetowuLAu

We cleaned up 50 tons of trash in Los Angeles.

Yes, 50 tons.

In 9 hours. #LosAngelesCleanup

The Los Angeles cleanup was an act of love. #SundayMorning pic.twitter.com/qF66DXbfc4

— #ThePersistence (@ScottPresler) September 22, 2019

If a team of 200+ volunteers

can clean up 50 tons of trash in 9 hours with no support from the city,

imagine what we could do with the millions California receives in taxpayer $.

Why am I here & elected officials aren’t⁉️#LosAngeles

— #ThePersistence (@ScottPresler) September 22, 2019

“This is one of the proudest moments of my life. I’ll never forget the day we cleaned up a homeless camp in LA,” Presler concluded. “We cleaned up 50 tons of trash in Los Angeles. Yes, 50 tons. If a team of 200+ volunteers can clean up 50 tons of trash in 9 hours with no support from the city, imagine what we could do with the millions California receives in taxpayer $. Why am I here & elected officials aren’t”