WATCH: President Trump Signs ‘FIRST STEP’ Criminal Reform Bill

Originally published at: WATCH: President Trump Signs ‘FIRST STEP’ Criminal Reform Bill | Sean Hannity

President Trump officially signed into law the ‘First Step’ Criminal Justice Reform Bill Friday afternoon; issuing sweeping changes to the nation’s sentencing guidelines and minimum jail-time requirements for specific federal crimes and first-time offenders.

Trump held a signing ceremony at the White House Friday; flanked by Jared Kushner and others who helped craft the bipartisan deal.

Today, it was my great honor to sign the #FirstStepAct – a monumental bi-partisan win for the American people! https://t.co/isy6Bt38iK

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 21, 2018

“Things are happening that haven’t happened in a very long time… Criminal Justice Reform. Everybody said it couldn’t be done. They said the conservatives won’t approve it, they said the liberals won’t approve it,” said the president.

“It’s been many, many years. Numerous decades and nobody came close. I want to thank all of the people standing behind me… This was incredible bipartisan support. Everybody worked so hard on this,” he added.

Watch President Trump’s comments above.

1 Like

I think there are a lot of people that think they know what they are doing. I would ask how many of them have been in jail? Did they get to go under cover in State and Federal lock up? How many convicts that were innocent, wrongly convicted, and convicted participated in the writing. As Americans who give a pound of flesh should have some say FROM THEIR WISDOM AND THEIR PAIN. wHAT SAY YOU?

I’m glad there will be people going home, but this is not a fix. This is a build up for failure! Chuck and the Dems are loving it for their fake programs. I know what is coming in two years. You all are blind to this kind of world. This is where the program funding comes in…blood suckers and thieves. The voice of the forgotten men and women! I tried to get a story to Fox Jan 5, 2018. News room manager and their news reports… on child abuse. Never heard back. Hannity and others are just to busy with Trump and Fame.

Where are all the comments! Looking for answers while the holidays are going on. Ya! This will get a lot of attention. Ask yourself something, Why can immigrants vote, and carry guns, but not someone released from prison after serving their time in of prison? They serve the time agreed to by we the people to include their programs; labeled for life, and not even get to vote? Why? Once labeled your voice is no longer worth hearing when your eyes have been opened so wide to life. It’s a waste

How about this about my 2nd amendment. Was it ever looked at if someone lived in a State that needed to carry a firearms to protect their family from bears, mountain loin, wolves, etc.that was released from prison. The answer is no! Your child will die because you are not worthy to carry a gun. Maybe use a stick, or fight with a knife that kills more people then guns. Tell me if I’m wrong here, but if you get caught with a gun…it’s one year in prison?