WashPost: Trump's promise to a foreign leader is basis for "troubling" whistleblower complaint

The Washington Post reported today Donald Trump made what’s described as a “troubling” promise to a foreign leader that was turned in by a whistleblower and is now being investigated. The interaction with the foreign leader prompted an official in the U.S. intelligence community to file a formal whistleblower complaint with the inspector general for the intelligence community. The name of the foreign leader has not yet been revealed.

According to the Post, “Intelligence Community Inspector General Michael Atkinson determined that the complaint was credible and troubling enough to be considered a matter of “urgent concern,” a legal threshold that ordinarily requires notification of congressional oversight committees.” But so far, lawmakers haven’t been giving any details. Atkinson will appear before the House Intelligence Committee Thursday in a closed door session.

The inspector general “determined that this complaint is both credible and urgent,” Schiff said in a statement released Wednesday evening. “The committee places the highest importance on the protection of whistleblowers and their complaints to Congress.”

My comment: This should trigger alarm bells for all Americans. That the intelligence community thought this was significant enough to file a whistleblower complaint is frightening. We need to hear what Trump told the foreign leader. Hopefully, that will happen soon.

1 Like

If this is true … Trump supporters still won’t care.

5 Likes

I would hope at least some do.

wapo…lol…

They wont especially on this forum.

And how long have people been spying on our president’s phone calls??

1 Like

Trump before country.

1 Like

Fake News
Both sides
Orange man bad
Eat your Trump, peas are cool

5 Likes

I want to see what this is about before I go jumping off the treason bridge.

But the ig finds it credible…and there is an issue here.

Which begs the question.

If this was found out and a whistle was blown. What has been promised that we dont know…at like a little private meeting in Helsinki.

This might get ugly. When was the last time a whistleblower tried to blow a whistle on a president?

1 Like

My point, too. If they found it credible enough to be investigated – his admin., nonetheless – then there’s something to be concerned about. But as I said I’m waiting to see more details.

There isn’t enough known here to get excited about.

Good question. Don’t know.

Figures. Yes, there is. Read the OP again. And again. And then again.

I read it. We don’t know what the complaint is even about.

Why do you need to know?

Because I tend not to jump off of a cliff unless I know the lion is actually about to eat me.

Yup…and its trump…he likes to promise and brag so people will like him.

An unknown person thought that Trump made a troubling promise to an unknown foreign leader. Are you worried yet? And the Wash Po and CNN did big stories on this without knowing not only the details of the story but what the story was.
And none of it could be verified by CNN.

This doesn’t even reach the level of fake news.

2 Likes

Pretty good summary. Anything CNN puts out that is negative about this administration is automatically suspect and with no verification of the story I give it zero credibility at all.

Maybe it’s true, maybe it’s not but we don’t even know what the actual accusation is.