Warren on Columbus: America’s ‘Mistreatment of Indigenous Peoples is Long and Painful’

Originally published at: Warren on Columbus: America’s ‘Mistreatment of Indigenous Peoples is Long and Painful’ | Sean Hannity

Senator Elizabeth Warren praised the celebration of ‘Indigenous Peoples Day’ Monday; slamming the United States’ “long and painful” history while urging the government to “honor its commitments to them.”

“The story of America’s mistreatment of indigenous peoples is long and painful. And yet, Native communities have proven resilient. We owe them our respect—and we must honor our government’s commitments and promises to them. #IndigenousPeoplesDay,” posed Warren on social media.

The story of America’s mistreatment of indigenous peoples is long and painful. And yet, Native communities have proven resilient. We owe them our respect—and we must honor our government's commitments and promises to them. #IndigenousPeoplesDay

— Elizabeth Warren (@ewarren) October 14, 2019

Senator Elizabeth Warren overtook former Vice President Joe Biden in another national poll this week; solidifying her position as a potential frontrunner for the Democratic nomination.

“Elizabeth Warren has taken a narrow lead over Joe Biden in the race for the Democratic presidential nomination, the October IBD/TIPP Poll found. Both candidates continue to lead in a head-to-head matchup against President Trump, though Biden had a more comfortable lead, outside the margin of error,” reports the survey.

“Elizabeth Warren had the support of 27%, with Joe Biden backed by 26% and Bernie Sanders a distant third at 10%. Support for South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg climbed to 7% from 5%. No other candidate polled more than 3%,” adds the report.

The poll comes days after Warren’s campaign “blew past” Biden in 3rd quarter fundraising; a major indicator of voter enthusiasm heading into the primary season.

“The figure affirms the momentum Warren has appeared to be gaining in recent weeks and months, as polls show her now battling Biden – once the unrivaled front-runner – for the primary lead,” reports Fox News.

“I’m grateful down to my toes for every grassroots supporter who chipped in to help raise $24.6 million in the third fundraising quarter. Together, we’re building a movement that’s going to put power back in the hands of the people,” posted Warren on social media.

I’m grateful down to my toes for every grassroots supporter who chipped in to help raise $24.6 million in the third fundraising quarter. Together, we’re building a movement that’s going to put power back in the hands of the people. pic.twitter.com/gGdBi7Mzrv

— Elizabeth Warren (@ewarren) October 4, 2019