WAR in Ukraine, Putin approves initiation of special military operation (Part 1)

Making excuses for Brandon is not very becoming.

2 Likes

Meh. We called it, here in the forum. As soon as he deployed the sanctions, you©️ would pivot to this nonsense. The gig is up, we see you.

And we are unimpressed.

2 Likes

I have no clue what’s going through that madman’s mind I would assume a binding agreement on non NATO status for the Ukraine. I still think if that would have happened earlier we wouldn’t be having this discussion it seems he was wanting a buffer zone and the chance to keep trying to put in a puppet for Ukrainian president for influence.

He ■■■■■■ up and attacked I still think unless there is some diplomacy they will keep trying to grind it out like they did in Chechnya. I read they were moving forces to the Donbass region it’s possible if they concentrated everything in the south they might (and I say might) be able to take the last two cities on the coast Mykolaiv and Odessa taking all the coast from the Ukraine. I don’t know if they could hold it though. I like the other posters believe the off ramp is the best idea.

1 Like

Speaking of being unimpressed …

It’s easy to make accusations when you attach © to “you.” How about some quotes to back it up?

Sure.

@Bill.in.PA asked a question. He didn’t pivot to anything. Try again.

Not to mention Biden getting slammed here for being chicken little while he was warning the world it was coming and warning Russia how costly it would be for them. The constant posts by people here of “Did the war start yet?”. The ridiculous claims that Biden was making it all up because he was concerned about his polls. It was ridiculous. Biden is walking the most complicated political tightrope and I think doing a damn good job.

3 Likes

Good post.

One thing I never see mentioned is the crushing responsibility on the president. A misstep quite literally could mean Armageddon.

If the Ukrainian army is able to do some counter attacks which they have been doing I think they should try to put pressure on the area near Mariupol in order to at least try to give relief to the defenders of Mariupol.

The fighters down there are pulling an Alamo fighting to the last man. Far right or not they have been making the Russians pay for each inch of ground they take all the while being under siege for a month now.

Trying to punch a hole in the line instead of just letting them starve to death while they are running out of ammo and the Chechen head cutters are fighting them doesn’t set a good picture this should be precedence in my opinion. At least try they are fighting for their country beyond what most would do. They have been given a 24 hour deadline like three nights in a roll yet they still can’t flush them out.

Only if they become independent states that do not belong to Russia or Ukraine.

Oxymoron

1 Like

Snake Island heroes are back home after first POW swap between Russia and Ukraine.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/ukraine-russia-prisoner-swap/2022/03/25/id/1062990/

Another propaganda win for Zelensky.

“We’re in a fight…”

1 Like

Any of his people clean this up or translate yet?

Maybe he meant fight to help refugees.

Is this still B plus grade leadership?

I am giving him a D minus. Eating the jalapeno laced pizza was also factored in to my grade.

In a statement, the armed forces said: “In the Azov operational zone, according to updated information, a large landing ship, ‘Saratov,’ was destroyed during the attack on the occupied … port. Large landing ships ‘Caesar Kunikov’ and ‘Novocherkassk’ were [also] damaged. Other losses of the enemy are being clarified.”

The U.S. acknowledged that Ukraine likely did conduct a successful attack against Russian ships at the port on Thursday, according to a defense official. However, it is unclear what type of weapons were used in the attack.

They put 3 ships out of service. Credit where credit is due.

https://www.newsmax.com/world/globaltalk/images-ukraine-russia-ship/2022/03/25/id/1062955/

Read more: Satellite Images Reveal Heavily Damaged Russian Ship at Ukraine Port | Newsmax.com

Just for the record, but Newsmax messed this up. I don’t particularly blame them because a lot of places misunderstood the Ukrainian government update. The soldiers from Snake Island have not been returned. 19 civilian sailors who were on a ship to go get them off of Snake Island at the start of the war that got taken prisoner were released. Along with ten other Ukrainian soldiers. Not the Snake Island soldiers. Ukraine hopes to get the Snake Island soldiers back:

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3438787-vereshchuk-first-fullfledged-prisoner-swap-with-russia-held.html

2 Likes

OK. That only makes the story slightly less impactful.

Still a PR win for Ukraine.

I liked this line from your link.

Iryna Vereshchuk, Deputy Prime Minister – Minister for Reintegration of the Temporarily Occupied Territories of Ukraine, posted on Telegram.

Prisoner exchanges are good. I just wanted to point that out because a lot of news outlets misunderstood what Ukraine said.

Hmmm…

1 Like

if they are part of a deal that allows ukraine to join nato they will. and ukraine will understand that. its a hard thing for both of them. but the only gaurantee of a lasting peace