WAR in Ukraine, Putin approves initiation of special military operation (Part 2)

You forgot about their Barents Sea access.

Yeah and Kalingrad

But I really don’t consider Barents warm water. Doesn’t it get icy?

Yes, but it’s seasonal ice and Russia has a fleet of large, capable icebreakers.

2 Likes

There we go.

Their icebreakers are the only civilian nuclear powered vessels in the world.

2 Likes

Not anymore…didn’t you hear? The ice is gone now. :wink:

4 Likes

That’s what I was thinking. The ice is all gone and the polar bears drowned at this point right?

Or is Gore wrong yet again?!! :rofl:

2 Likes

2 Likes

“Civilian” is greatly overstating it. They were built and are owned by the government, but they were operated by the civilian Murmansk Shipping Co. until 2008. They are now operated by the State-owned Atomflot company. They employ civilians to run them, but the ships are State owned and controlled.

2 Likes

So, you believe that people of Russian descent should be punished by Zelenskiy because they are Russian? What else should happen to these people?

1 Like

punished? Never said any such thing.

Zelensky clearly doesn’t believe in freedom of religion or speech.

During a war.

1 Like

Specifically a war for national survival.

1 Like

“Loose lips sink ships” … and give away troop deployments.

Meaning what? Shutting down the churches doesn’t stop people from talking among themselves. Word gets around regardless.

I don’t respect Putin or Zelensky myself.

1 Like

zalensky didn’t shut down “churches” he shut down KGB agents masquerading as Russian orthodx priests while they distributed anti Ukranian propaganda and organized anti Ukranian activities. As he should have. It is no different than what would have happened here in 1942 if anyone was distributing Nazi propaganda and organizing Nazi rallies

When the citizens need it most.

1 Like

Specifically when they need it even more.

Justified oppression.

Loose Japanese-Americans need cages?