WAR in Ukraine, Putin approves initiation of special military operation (Part 1)

Warriors know the risk.

1 Like

While i think you are right in your position, I’d like to counter that this may have been an excuse (the nato part) to test out western meddle. Since Crimea he has pushed for things like runet, production of European products popular with shoppers by local producers etc. Seems interesting.

But i have been so wrong so many times when it’s come to this entire rigamarole that who knows.

If there have been insertions, they are probably air mobile units, not air borne. Nap of the earth helo insertion onto key terrain to block movement by Ukrainian forces would be the objective. The same type of move the 101st did in Desert Storm.

Precisely…I’m beside myself here. I hate to say it but I told em all.

1 Like

You can be wrong, it’s what you do afterwards that count.

For me…I’m frustrated. I saw this coming over a decade ago when I seen NATO/EU expansion right up to borders of Russia.

And I’m just an idiot with 8th grade education…and have bad grammar.

2 Likes

What I meant was that it would be a stupid mission. There is so much fake “reporting” going on now it’s insane. I never believed the Kyiv airport report. For one thing no one ever said which one. Air flights in or out of Kyiv are done. No need to take it since you could never secure it enough for transports to land while waiting for ground troops to get there. I like the later reports that it was Ukrainian air defenses shooting off

How many times does it have to be said once you do that, you may as well disband NATO?

Russia has been saying the same thing since Yeltsin about the NATO expansion. There is a time to act and a time to fold. and consolidate your gains. Fourteen countries has joined NATO since 1997 wasn’t anyone thinking ever “Well maybe they aren’t bluffing about the Ukraine red line and we done pretty good”.

The cockiness could very well cost Ukraine to disappear as a nation. The status quo was fine of them as a buffer state NATO wasn’t going to let them in anyways. Wouldn’t it have been better just putting it on ink and paper rather with blood and dirt. Even day’s ago Putin was saying the same thing they have saying it over and over and over. NATO’s response was it’s a non starter, well this is what happens next it seems bye bye Ukraine.

Not sure why we always think their bluffing he’s been saying the same thing literally every day.

Screenshot 2022-02-23 232825

3 Likes

Right i think you are right. May be it’s easier for me to view it as an irrational rebuilding of the Soviet Union especially given some the wording in his speech…. But again i think you are right.

I am a Russian immigrant I have tons of Ukrainian friends, watching this happening is tough to say the least. Not from perspective of US must do something - but from a personal perspective

1 Like

From what i am reading on Ukrainian sites it’s not the airport but the air force base near the airport. Again grain of salt and all that of course

I saw the reports of gunfire and troops at the Kyiv airport as well. Doubt those are true, I did see of the strips being hit by missiles. That sounds more believable.

Edit:

And ground forces are being moved in now. Reports of troops near Odessa and crossing the border near Kharkiv.

Oh the drama. Are you saying if NATO/EU don’t expand it will cease to exist?

Whats with this guy.

The air force base would be a priority target in the battle for air superiority. I don’t envy your position right now. It is only an academic exercise for me, rather than the very personal and emotional event it is for you.

1 Like

I recall America/EU making promise to Ukraine when they gave up their nuclear weapons.

Nothing more than politicians’ lips moving at the time.

3 Likes

Good post.

Russia is air dropping troops around the capital.

Who is reporting it?

I need confirmation of that. Seems unlikely. Again, a lot of crazy “reports” going out in the past few hours.