WAR in Ukraine, Putin approves initiation of special military operation (Part 1)

Is that really real???

Yup- its about 24 hours old I believe.

Orā€¦ now stick with me hereā€¦Ukraine continues to kick ass, retakes Crimea, kicks the barbarians out of Donbass, joins NATO, and Team Democracy and flips the collective bird to the tyrants.

:ukraine:

1 Like

They tried to encircle Kyiv and instead got encircled.

Or as one clever poster I saw wroteā€¦

Reverse Uno Card!

3 Likes

That is the unconfirmed internet rumor I referenced yesterday.

Still in my mind it is unconfirmedā€¦ I think that that map is too optimisitc for Ukriane. Others I have seen show Ukraine hold Makarivā€¦ Russia isnā€™t completely cut off but there are around 10,000 Russians who are in the process of getting surrounded.

That is if the news isnā€™t overly optimisitc for Ukraine.

They havenā€™t seemed to make any advanced West of Kyiv but are pushing back east of Kyiv.

Ah, the good old days: massive encirclement on the Russian Steppes.

I so wish John Le Carre was alive for this.

1 Like

Also Russia has seemed to lose Full control of Khersonā€¦ as per the Pentagon but Ukraine has yet to confirm.

1 Like

except it canā€™t happen. so long as there is an unresolved conflict nato rules do not allow them to be admitted. which is why the whole nato expansion thing has always been a red herring.

1 Like

Reports are another Russian General killed.

Lieutenant General Yakov Vladimirovich Rezantsev, Commander of the 49th Combined Arms Army of the Southern Military District of the Russian Federation

How many does this make?

Like 7?

Heā€™s doing this because he fears they might take him out.

They are the only ones who could.

1 Like

There is support for joining NATO but at this point it is only a referendum that is being discussed.

The facts are not weak, they are nothing other than facts. And the fact is, most of the actions Biden has taken were pushed upon him by Congress, including by the leadership of his nomination own party.

1 Like

Yes is true. How many days after the invasion did it take for Biden to include a ban on Russian oil and removing Russiaā€™s most favored nation status for trade? He only did that after repeated pleas from Pelosi and Schumer to do so.

1 Like

There ya go. Putin is your mouthpiece. :wink:

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, what do you think a win for Putin looks like at this time?

Because Biden foresaw the problems with the oil sanctions-which youĀ©ļø are aware of, because youĀ©ļø wasted no time in pointing out the adverse effects.

The weapons, the dough, the intelligence sharing, the forewarning of the potential false flags? All Biden.

There is nothing weird about it. Most rational people thought Putin would move into Doneski and Luhansk maybe secure water resources for Crimea and call it good. Unfortunately, Putin had other ideas, the rationale of which are now clearly questionable.

1 Like

Bingo!

1 Like

Dead before he hit the ground? :wink: