WAPO - Giuliani to join Trump’s legal team

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/giuliani-says-he-is-joining-trumps-legal-team-to-negotiate-an-end-to-mueller-probe/2018/04/19/b175fc10-4411-11e8-8569-26fda6b404c7_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.29862465ea21

Former New York mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani, a combative former prosecutor and longtime ally of President Trump, told The Washington Post on Thursday that he has joined the president’s legal team dealing with the ongoing special counsel probe.

“I’m doing it because I hope we can negotiate an end to this for the good of the country and because I have high regard for the president and for Bob Mueller,” Giuliani said in an interview.

Looks as though Trump is reaching out to old allies to help him with the current Mueller probe. Do you think this will help him avail this looming distraction?

Wow

That’s bizarre.

What the hell does Giuliani mean by “negotiate”?

Will there be a tie-in with mentioning 9/11?

1 Like

Seriously, what is there to negotiate?

The plot thickens.

ah remember that time this sack of ■■■■ used the NY Fbi office to dig up ■■■■ on hillary and the cons went after him for being political?

Yeah me either.

One of the few lawyers who’d agree to work with him, no doubt.

One of the reasons he didn’t get in the cabinet was the perception that he’d lost a step or two in recent years. Just the the kinda guy you want on your legal team.

Trump appears to just (mostly) want guys who are or have been on TV.

If I remember correctly, he was being interviewed and talked about Trump calling him and saying that he had this Muslim ban and thought he should change what it was called. Rudi told him to call it a “travel ban”. I heard later that this clip was played at every hearing about the ban. Not all that smart to mention that in the interview.

Saw a great montage on “Morning Joe” today of Rudy Giuliani talking about whether a president should be subpoenaed. The clips were from his 1996 interview with Charlie Rose and his recent ABC interview. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find that part of his Charlie Rose interview on YouTube.

What I did find, however, was this clip. Trying to be all things to all people, it seems.

Interesting you say that. Read a story yesterday that said that Rudy has been severed from his previous private law practice following his behavior as a Trump mouthpiece. And in a recent interview Rudy said that it had been a few years since he had been on TV and that he missed it greatly. So I guess media whore is an apt name for the guy.

And now you’ve got Pence and Ryan also calling for an end to the Mueller investigation. The R’s are really putting the pressure on.

Mueller must be getting too close for comfort.

Ryan has called for an end to the Mueller probe? I had not heard that. Do you have a link by chance my friend?

Well, looking at the story that contains the comment I was referring to he doesn’t say what I thought I remembered. What he does say is that the JD should hand over Robert Mueller’s documents to the House, which, in my view, does have the purpose to help end it. I don’t know if part of what he said is missing from the story, though I’m sure a news organization would have picked that up. So I must have been wrong. But here’s what I’m referring to.

I am with you now. Thanks!