W to hold fundraiser for Liz

Would you mind elaborating on this?

Trouble in your not telling the truth. You can still kill babies in Texas. You just don’t like the fact that they can no longer kill babies up until the moment of birth.

3 Likes

> So, why are the parties only aligned by Liberal vs. Conservative? Why not align it by folks who adhere to the Constitution to those gravitating towards authoritarian tendencies? Why not take the Republicans in who are defending our democracy and are now facing primaries in their deep red districts?

It would be good (in theory) if the parties could be chopped up into smaller, more provisional factions and shifting coalitions. But keep in mind: those who are more authoritarian will almost always stake their position on the claim that they are following the constitution.

2 Likes

once nancy and harry took the reins in the congress he pretty much folded up his tent and just let them run amok. look at the budget defecit begining 2002-2007 vs 2008-2009. while there was an initial increase going into the war, it leveled of and then dropped, ending at 67B in 2007. it then ballooned under nancy and harry and bush let it. the huge increase in 2009 was not totally his, but he had a part in it.

1 Like

Okay. Here’s a famous picture from American history. Please identify the “authoritarian(s)” in it:

7 Likes

what a bunch of ■■■■■■■■■ i’ll speak for me, you speak for you. then your lies will be limited to the ones you tell about yourself and not about me.

are you now or have you ever been a progressive leftist?

Can you answer my question? Look at the picture and tell me. Or if the answer is both, or neither?

3 Likes

Why are we supposed to pretend that the send-the-libs-to-gitmo-too crowd are the only genuine, legitimate claimants to role of refereeing what is or is not authoritarian, American, the right kind of faith, etc? Because they throw the right kind of fits?

Can we state it plainly, for once? It’s because they show up to all the things with guns and the threat of violence.

4 Likes

26 Republican Governors have been forced to sending a letter to the White House asking for a meeting in the next two weeks to talk about Biden’s open border policies…

Why are the chief executives of 26 states having to jump thru hoops to meet with Biden …

Is our authoritarian big government not recognizing these governors legitimate concerns?

3 Likes

Biden does not have an open border policy…I know it’s tradition that any time a Dem becomes President it’s “open border season” but sorry that’s a fantasy.

Obama holds the record in deportations…

The Biden admin have been using and fighting in court to continue using title 42 a Trump era policy

1 Like

This doesn’t matter. Zombie truthiness eats truth brains for midmorning snack.

1 Like

So our “authoritarian government” is wielding too much power in some areas, but not enough in others?

2 Likes

Yup.

RINO inbreeding.

2 Likes

They also have the grab-bag of other standard-issue authoritarian ■■■■■■■■ — ethno-nationalism, pseudo-science, loathing of intellectuals and experts, sentimental and mystical religiosity, too many anxieties about sex and gender to name, a desire to immerse themselves into a strong-man cult of personality who will embody their grievances and crush their enemies, etc. It’s been impossible to “pretend”—at least since the Iraq war.

4 Likes

I wonder what one would call Texas’s attempt to interfere with the conduct of another state’s 2020 presidential election.

2 Likes

adhering to the constitution?

1 Like

Is that in accord with the view of US Supreme Court’s view?

I can see it’s too hard for Ben so I’ll answer- Wallace. Wallace is the anti-constitutional authoritarian in that picture. How many points do I get?

2 Likes

we’ll never know, they didn’t hear the case.