W to hold fundraiser for Liz

“Former President George W. Bush is scheduled to hold a fundraiser for Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) next month as the third-term congresswoman fights to keep her seat amid a campaign to oust her by former President Trump and his allies.“

Well the stage is set.

The anti trump republicans v the trump republicans.

We shall see who holds sway.

The battle lines are drawn.

Allan

yay swamp republicans.

good for them

2 Likes

At least they have improved their status from RINOS in your eyes.

Allan

tell me more about my eyes

1 Like

This will be fairly interesting.

I am of the opinion that the Dems need to start thinking about the bigger picture here, that there are some congressional districts that are so Conservative that running a Liberal there is pointless. These candidates are often underfunded because you don’t want to waste money on a losing cause.

So, why are the parties only aligned by Liberal vs. Conservative? Why not align it by folks who adhere to the Constitution to those gravitating towards authoritarian tendencies? Why not take the Republicans in who are defending our democracy and are now facing primaries in their deep red districts?

Sure, they won’t vote with the Liberals most of the time, that is okay. But we keep control of both houses of congress and we keep the lunatics at bay until the GOPs fever dream passes and they start acting rationally again.

1 Like

It doesn’t work that way. Because idealism is stupid, tor.

But why not? It never used to be so polarized, we used to have Liberal Republicans and Conservative Democrats. If we get back to that, perhaps we can get some semblance of order back. Because, to me, the GOP is in a very dark place right now and we need candidates that aren’t crazy to choose from. Who cares if they are Conservative? The district is Conservative. They aren’t crazy and respect our Constitution.

That should be all that matters at this time.

1 Like

Still mad that Trump beat Jeb. :grinning:

The Bushes are “entitled” don’t you see.

Jeb was “entitled” to the job.

4 Likes

The difference between swamp and rino’s is microscopic.

2 Likes

It is weird how loyalty to Trump…well…trumps all other considerations.

2 Likes

This is just not polarized. Let’s not mistake one party losing its damned mind as a national divisiveness.

One party is keelhauling itself into an election-negating, Falangist revolutionary movement, the other is pretending norms will hold just because they held for sixty years, and most of the electorate is still broadly center-left.

Idealism doesn’t address that. It gets dealt with by destroying the Falangists as the enemies of free society that they are, and spending gobs of the billionaires’ hoarded loot fixing the problems that the billionaires created.

3 Likes

But the thing is, Cheney is neither. Her only sin was opposition to Trump.

That not swampy or RINO, that’s cult of personality.

1 Like

The problem with coming to politics with ideals and ideology is that it blinds you, often permanently, to a simple, ineluctable, non-negotiable primate truth: power is about stuff, and who gets to have it.

2 Likes

I look forward to things coming full circle and watching Dubya get torn up by the base that helped elect him. :popcorn:

He just isn’t crazy enough for today’s Republican party

1 Like

From 9/11 inside job to passive admiration.

Oh, Dubya. :rofl:

3 Likes

Are you suggesting that what we are currently getting from the lib left is not authoritarian?

The massive govt spending…the drive for massive new taxes…the abuse of the virus to implement new controls on the people while the elites exempt themselves from their own rules…the attempts at critical race theory indoctrination…the “defund the police and give us your guns” whole we live behind the shelter of well armed private security…

You might want to look up the definition of authoritarian.

4 Likes

Ending abortion in Texas is authoritarian and you support that.

Selective authoritarianism is your motto.

Allan

As is yours.

By the way I have never commented on that law so you don’t know squat about my “motto”.

1 Like

bush ruined his own legacy in the party with his last 2 years.

attempting to dictate what tx laws should be from dc, or anywhere but tx, is authoritarian.

4 Likes