Vox -American Revolution was a mistake

Fun article.

He admits in the very first paragraph that it is a futile effort but i don’t agree with His analysis in general.

Just the civil war. Let’s say he is right that the civil raw may not have occurred but he admits the ENglish is not to abolish slavery in India Why would they kill a cash cow and abolish it in the colonies. How much say would the colonies have in the 1840 with the economy being an important part of the British empires and i don’t mean in the government but in good old lobbying and bribery.

It’s a complicated issue that he reduced to a hindsight analysis and it falls flat.

He wouldn’t get in.

Canada also treated their indigenous people like trash.

How so? 10 char

That is because in most Parliamentary system the head of state isn’t directly elected they are appointed because they the house.

if America was a Parliamentary system Paul Ryan would be the most powerful person in government.

even if Canada removed the Queen we would still pay the same amount of money in “Taxes” because we would still need to employ a Gov. General and maintain crown property.

Your lack of knowledge on world affairs is showing.

Also the reason we celebrate Victoria Day is because Queen Victoria is the one who signed the Canadian Confederation papers 151 years ago creating the dominion of Canada.

WWI would have been the downfall of the British Empire with America or not.

Native where not given the right to vote in Canada till 1955.

People need to stop painting Canada as some perfect country filled with lollipops and rainbows we have as many skeleton in our closet as America I could go on for hours about how many times the government has been in the wrong and ■■■■■■ over its own people or refused to even recognize them as people.

I read articles like this and the cynic in me sees nothing more than someone playing an outlandish contrarian to garner clicks.

Then again, he could be serious. Neither would surprise me.

:rofl::joy::rofl: Amazing

A parliamentary monarchy is a much easier way to run a large area than an “extended republic.”

The grass always seems greener…

Only because the administration does nothing

The administration? You mean the monarchy?

I really enjoy these sort of articles because it provides an opportunity to explore one of my favorite genres of books and movies and that is alternative history.

Instead of getting all offended which some people are, take this as an opportunity to role play how the world could have been different. If you think this alternative history is a good idea then try and find reasons why it’s not good and vice versa. Giving your brain a workout is just as important as physical fitness.

Go ahead. It’s not role play.

Yes the gov general does nothing but kiss babies and sign papers