Vigilantes detaining migrants at gumpoint

Good for them!

A right-wing militia group has begun stopping migrant families at gunpoint

I love that quote and the picture. They are only stopping families, not an adult in sight. They appear to be waiving drug runners, human traffickers and criminals through.

1 Like

What could go wrong here…mistaken identity, actual legals going back and forth, Hispanic Americans confused for immigrants?

This will be interesting to watch.

Are they volunteering their services to this country, or are they sponsored?

A lot could go wrong which is why we need to keep invaders out in the first place. They have no right to stroll in like they own the place.

1 Like

Based on New Mexico Court of Appeals rulings, it has to be a felony to perform a citizens arrest. Are you familiar with New Mexico law?

Is crossing into the United States illegally a Federal or a State crime?

Is Border Patrol a state agency or a Federal agency?

Does New Mexico law supersede Federal law?

1 Like

They would be prosecuted under state law… “Citizens arrest” is a state action… there is no provision in federal law for citizens arrests…

Well, hey if a US Citizen is sneaking around on foot with a group of illegals crossing the border, I’m sure he can get things cleared up quickly. Cause that kind of behavior doesn’t sound bazaar at all.

Multiple counts of kidnapping. Plus probably illegal use of a firearm on the commission of a crime. Life w/o parole

1 Like

As @Safiel said, I’m sure they’ve been advised by their attorney’s on what is and is not legal.

I’ll wait to see if they are arrested and how that works out for them.

What should the border crashers get?

A hot meal, a warm bed, free medical care and a partridge in a pear tree?

Why do you assume that? If so, I sure hope their attorney is familiar with New Mexico law…

Why do I assume that? Why do assume they haven’t consulted with an attorney.

They seem to have a good relationship with border patrol (I assume that takes time and trust so this isn’t their first rodeo) and they have not been arrested.

Since they have not been arrested, perhaps they’ve broken no laws. Have you seen a report of their arrest?

Are the actions of those detained violating New Mexico law? There is NO provision in federal law for a citizens arrest of a federal crime… The “arrests” happened on Tuesday, two days ago, I wouldn’t be betting on no arrest yet as indication that they have not violated New Mexico law…

Doesn’t need to be.

Good luck with that defense in court…

Thanks.

Prosecuted under state law for making a citizen’s arrest of a Federal crime?

Who’s civil rights were violated? Is an illegal entitled to civil rights?