Video Games (what are you playing)

Speaking of Last of Us, has any game or movie for that matter ever given you the emotional gut punch that this game does in the first 15 minutes? For those who haven’t played its basically a prologue that sets up the rest of game which occurs years later. You control a young girl who is scared and frightened as she starts seeing things on the news about the city suddenly going to hell. Then her dad, the main character of the game, shows up and grabs her as he and a friend try to flee the area. You mostly then just watch as they try to flee only to have the young girl get shot and killed in her dad’s arms. It was devastating to watch. The rest of the game then picks up many years later with the dad as an older man who is tasked with helping another young girl reach a destination. The man, Joel, is completely shut off emotionally from everything after losing his daughter but as time goes on he grows close to Ellie, the new young girl, and its their relationship and bonding and just how well written and acted this is that draws you in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecpQ_WUqKUM

Some reason I can’t get that game to run on my system. It’s supposed to run natively on Linux, but the last time I tried to get it to run it had major issues.

I am currently playing RDR 2 and having a great time.

I am taking it slow though. Letting the world be real for me instead of blowing through it like a game.

I enjoy doing that… I know it isn’t for everyone.

Surprised not to see Assassin’s Creed 2 on these lists.

That game is incredible even if it’s shine wore off in the sequels.

2 is the one that introduces Ezio isn’t it? Hate it.

I think I ruined the early AC games for myself because my first was Origins which I absolutely loved. It made me want to go back and try other AC games and I picked up the “Ezio Collection” which is three games in one remastered for the PS4. I made it a few hrs into the first game, which is AC 2 I think, and just couldn’t stand it in comparison to Origins as it was clunky and tedious.

I absolutely still intend to try out Odyssey though.

I like sims over RPGs. I think Risk was my first. Love games like that.

Ah man. How could you hate Ezio?

Such a dashing guy.

Oh well. Isn’t for everyone I guess.

I just don’t have the free time anymore.

I’m slowly moving back towards level based action games, JRPGs and multiplayer fighting games and shooters. Stuff I can play for 30 minutes to an hour and feel like I’ve accomplished something.

And yes Assassin’s Creed II is awesome.

What’s funny is that I actually really like Assassin’s Creed III. I enjoyed the story and the characters.

Anno 1800 is the best city builder iv played in years.

At 3am I hit level 30 in The Division 2. What a great game. 47 hours in and now at the end game with still a crap ton of content to do.

Post virus D.C. is rendered beautifully and without doubt one of the best games this console generation.

Picking up a used PS4 next week so I can play God of War, Spiderman and Detroit Being Human.

Detroit Become Human is an interesting game because there are literally something like a hundred possible endings depending on choices you make. Its kind of tedious though because so much of the game just has you doing menial tasks.

Yes I saw that watching streams on Twitch but I am hoping the story makes up for that.

Definitely not a game I will buy at full price.

With the launch of the next generation of consoles its an exciting time to be a gamer.

Yeah yeah I know all the arguments from PC fanboys and you can take your PC and shove it LOL.

If the reduction in fast travel time from 15 seconds in Spiderman on the PS4 down to 0.8 on the PS5 is accurate and can be replicated across all games I could be tempted. But rumors abound that Microsoft will be launching an even more powerful console.

After the disastrous launch of the Xbox One MS needs to hit the ground running with their next gen console.

Getting a decent gaming PC is not that expensive anymore especially now that video cards prices have returned to normal levels with the bitcoin bubble bursting. You just get so much more value its totally worth it.

I did have a PS4 and PC for a while, but traded my PS4 in last year for a Switch since other then a few PS exclusives there is alot of overlap in games. Loving the Switch, Nintendo games are a cut above.

MASTER RACE :sunglasses:

1 Like

Nothing will convince me to go back to PC gaming. I find the entire community quite toxic.

The Switch is an outstanding portable gaming device and is on my wish list.

I love sitting in my recliner playing The Division 2 or Borderlands. Yes I know you can set up your PC like that but a console is so much easier.

Its all good though each to their own.

LOL i rest my case . :grinning:

I totally get it and to be honest did not even look at it from that angle. But you are right console online is more detached I suppose when it comes to interactions with other players.

But glad your having fun gaming either way…def looking forward to Borderlands 3 hoping it scratches the itch of a good looter shooter.

I put literally hundreds of hours into BL2 so I am very excited for 3.

Division 2 is an excellent looter shooter and one I would highly recommend.