Vaccines, questions and answers

That is only for transport. Once it arrives at a destination you have roughly a week in a normal fridge and it is still effective.

2 Likes

You have, in the vaccine…

1. The mRNA agent
  2. Fats to deliver the agent to the cell
  3. Salts to stabilize the solution (PH)
  4. Sugar to preserve it during the freezing process

That’s it. No thermisol, no mercury.

2 Likes

Not related to folks with specific allergies to any one thing. We are worried about atopes, people with massive reactions to multiple sources. These are the people who never leave the house without an Epi pen. These folks should avoid the vaccine.

2 Likes

There is probably about a 1 in 10,000 risk of getting Bell’s Palsy from the vaccine, but some in the placebo group got it as well. It may be incidental, since 23-35 people out of 100k people experience Bell’s Palsy anyway. Those that did get it mostly have seen resolution of it in a short time.

1 Like

Not that I am taking the vaccine anyway, but I have an Epi Pen due to a severe reactions to being stung by wasps. Maybe bees, I forget which trigger the reaction. That’s the only thing I’ve ever had a reaction from. I’m also not allergic to anything. Well, besides that. So because of a reaction to wasp stings I shouldn’t take the vaccine? If so, at least I’ll have an excuse.

You have a history of anaphylaxis, you shouldn’t get the shot.

WoW. It’s happened to me only twice. The last time was over 20 years ago. Both times I was stung. Do people know this?

That I do not know, but I do know if you have a history of anaphylaxis, you should at the very least consult with your Physician before even thinking about getting the vaccine. Let the rest of us get it, and we will protect you.

1 Like

I see in Chicago medical hospital there was 4 people had allergic reactions to Pfizer vaccine…out of 3000 that have received it.

It seems (so far) that allergic reactions are in clusters. That would suggest something related to specific batches of vaccine, would it not?

1 Like

Might be…delivery?

There are always concerns when people have allergies to components of a vaccine. I understand that two of the people who had severe reactions were in this category and did, in fact, carry Epi pens routinely.
A family member who is in the medical field had the first Pfeizer vaccination (gets the 2nd in three weeks) last week. He said his arm felt slightly sore at the vaccination site for about a half day, he had no fever or other negative reaction. He is a senior citizen, but with no significant allergies or underlying heath conditions.

Nah I had Bell’s palsy. Lol. Not a genetic disease. Mine was due to vertigo. Went away in about a week. I was pretty funny looking…

Allan

1 Like

Does anyone know if there are credible sources stating that whether or not having allergy sensitivities worsens how ill someone gets with COVID-19? (I’m hesitant to say signs or symptoms because it’s not from the virus itself, but from the immune response to the virus- i.e. inflammation of the lungs)

Maybe this question would be better placed in the COVID political thread?