Utah group says medical marijuana ballot violates freedom of religion

Yeah, I know, but that’s they only way they’re still marketed, so.

Sativas are for day smoking. For me, they get my brain going in interesting ways. Indicas are for smoking in the evening when I just want to get couch locked while watching a movie.

Sativa’s make me edgy, generally, but I’ll give it a shot one day. We did grow some nice lsd, too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s what I love - the couch lock. Just relaxing as it can be.

This is the problem I have with medical marijuana.

There isn’t another prescription drug out there (and even many over-the-counter) that hasn’t gone through rigorous FDA testing and approval (sometimes at a cost to those who would have benefited from it during all the years of vetting.)

And there isn’t a prescription drug out there that cannot be bought anywhere but a licensed pharmacy.

To me, the current implementation of “medical” marijuana is lacking. If we really are going to have it available at strip-mall shops with a green cross on them, just skip the “medical” marijuana farce and make it all recreationally available through licensed strip-mall shops with a green cross on them – like it is in Colorado.

Best I’ve had for that is probably Grand Daddy Purple.

It should be.

I find the peyote cases that ruled against the indian tribes to be a travesty.

For the record, churches had formal exceptions on wine during prohibition. Better lawyers, no doubt.

1 Like

That’s a favorite for sure. Also northern lights, hash plant. Afghani. Never tried hindu kush, but I plan to.

Steven Hager, the editor of High Times magazine at the time, used religion in The Heads vs Feds: The Great Debate. He didn’t come across well at all. Could have put Dobie Gillis up there and would have had someone that didn’t just sound like a burnout.

Utah needs to move up to the 21st Century.

Yeah, that’s not helful. And more about the sativa/indica thing, if they would only do more testing for the terpenes and cannabinoids, those classifications could be more easily done away with. But as it is right now, very few growers test, and you’re kind of on your own to find out what it is about each type that you like. For instance, I know that hash plant and northern lights, and basically any “indica” must contain high amounts of myrcene and linalool, but at what levels? When dispensaries offer that info, it will be so much more helpful.

Well, it’s not entirely a farce. It helps greatly with reducing the frequency of migraines, for example. But I do think its going the way of recreational. I was reading something the other day about Thornton (and a couple other suburbs) only allowing recreational, where before, only medical was allowed some places. I’m sure it’s for the tax revenue.

No, it wasn’ t helpful. What was helpful was after the debate a guy named Billy Martin spoke( Billy R. Martin , Ph.D., chair of the Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine’s Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology ~ since deceased ). TBH, had it not been for his presentation, I would have thought the time spent watching the debate to be wasted. The biggest takeaway that I got from him was the accuracy in dosing using marinol vs cannabis. Aside from the fact that many patients can’t keep pills down, even scored pills are difficult to break apart into smaller doses and then the patient must wait for it to break down and enter the system before knowing if the dose is enough or too much, whereas a pull from a vape has almost instant results allowing the patient to only consume the amount they need to achieve the desired result.

I suspect that, as the body of science begins to grow, we’ll find that there is some basis in the indica/sativa distinction, just not as clearly defined as we’ve always considered it. It may still turn out to be a useful indicator.

1 Like

And, marinol is synthetic. Time to legalize and research the correct amounts of natural plants. Yes, you can tell pretty quickly if you’ve had enough when using a vaporizer/smoking. I do think the distinction between sativa and indica lies in the terpenes/cannabinoids, but what we’re calling them now is the only indicators we have, sadly. I look forward to them finding all the distinctions and what makes, for example, hash plant different than northern lights. Then we’ll be able to zero in on just what we want to buy.

1 Like

Blue Dream is another nice strain. Sativa dominant, but very relaxing. Highly recommended.

Go eat! Please!

My husband loves that one. So does my daughter. Everyone but me, it seems. I don’t know what it is about that one. I don’t hate it but it’s just meh to me. GG4 is pretty good, and I kind of like GSC, but blue dream just doesn’t do it for me. Tahoe og is good, and Grape Krush is a nice happy high. I don’t mind some hybrids. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It would be!

This was during the ‘80’s before ADA was part of the law, much less HIPAA.

I remember some of the questions potential employers COULD ask applicants, though, had one acquaintance who hid his controlled epilepsy when applying.

I have to say, I enjoy these threads. Some of us have very different political beliefs, but it seems most of us enjoy each other in these types. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Agreed.

It certainly wasn’t always like this, here.