US wages begin to fall

Sure it would, food and shelter are a great motivation to work.

Have not seen anything new and I go almost weekly.

If there’s always a backup, shouldn’t they hire more overpriced labor? I guess they don’t have to because of the automation

You have to be 18 to vote. So subtract 18 from 1992. That’s 1974. Its 2018. That means only people who are now older than 44 could have voted during that time. So, you know, that’s a silly argument. Many people didnt vote for Clinton.

1 Like

I’m sorry, were we discussing one particular McDonald’s here?

You’d think so but the entirety of world history disagrees with you.

It is not over priced labor. They keep making money and they are hiring more and looking at opening more 24 hour operations.

What does a big Mac combo meal cost there in US dollars?

Well since you guys predicted total doom and gloom with hikes in the minimum wage there should be job losses but there is not. The high labor cost should be having every McDonalds here installing more automation but it is not.

If you don’t think wages has anything to do with McDonald’s automation you might want to look at where they chose to roll it out first and how their wages relate to ours.

snip

Umm, yes it is.

from McDonald's Says Goodbye Cashiers, Hello Kiosks

As of 2020, self-service ordering kiosks will be implemented at all U.S. McDonald’s locations.

About 7 dollars

They have kiosks but they have human cashiers too. Now if higher wages means less workers why are they still hiring?

Really. I pay about $5.

It’s not just the ordering kiosks. Ever see one of their automated fry makers?

I would assume because they still have turn over, again, I didn’t say they had replaced all cashiers already, walk away from the straw man, he bites.

Could be traffic is up because customers don’t need to deal with the min wage punk at the register screwing up their orders. So they are hiring more food prep people for the back area.

Turnover. Duh.

Probably. I stopped going after I got one of their breakfast sandwiches and it came with the shell. Not a peice of shell, but literally the whole shell from the egg. That was not particularly enjoyable biting into that.

So what does the average house cost where you are?

Does everyone have health care?

How much disposable income do minimum wage earners have?

I recently was in a country where 2 people could eat at McDonalds for 5 dollars. But the standard of living was way below that of Canada.