US wages begin to fall

There’s no incentive for them to do that.

1 Like

Typical response I hear from cons here too. Winning is more important than being honest with the voters.

Huh? My industry does it. You don’t exactly need college to be a barista.

I’d rather they do so as well. The issue is that they won’t because they have figured out it is cheaper to hire professionals for less money.

I train young staff how to work. It’s a resource hog but i do it’s because he office i manage has work that doesn’t need specialized training but just routine knowledge of procedures surrounding litigation. It takes time and money. Most law firms refuse to do it

Your industry likely does it for people who already work for you.

Spare me, democratic Presidents do the same thing, the people they pander to are just different people.

Sure. Why do you think government doing it for people who never even set foot in the industry will be better? Magic?

Of course but they can make it easier to attend

Don’t get me wrong i blame the federal government in part for the increase in college cost But i also support government increasing funding for technical training. Not all kids should go to regular college. Trade scoops need to be funded. Is that going to raise the cost of trade schools? May be. That’s another problem we need to solve

What?

You think the government is training them themselves?

Al they’re doing is helping the downtrodden get access to needed education.

Well… until Trump pushes to eliminate such programs to pay coal execs.

So how do we replace those jobs with high demand, high paying jobs?

You don’t have them in your area? We do, and the government will cover the entire thing for you. And they have openings.

I dont believe you can keep them from going away. The question is what do you replace those jobs with?

I’ve done government “training.” They guide you to certain fields if you haven’t got a clue what you are going to go to school for. Back when I did it they were pushing for pharmacy techs. By the time I finished the red tape and got my license, the area was already flooded and I wound up right back in the industry I started in.

Of course. They need to be increased exponentially

Full employment? Are you counting pizza delivery boys and fast food attendants? Who would want to quit those jobs?

I don’t know how much they’d have to pay, I just know there is a dollar amount that would work. Over the years Americans have done some pretty undesirable work, this is no different. Coal mining, construction laborer are two that come to mind. Construction laborers make between 25-30 dollars an hour at any given site, if not more. That’s a decade ago. You think they wouldn’t love to round up a bunch of illegal day laborers and pay them next to nothing? They don’t because they can’t. Otherwise they’d say those are jobs Americans won’t do too.

Doesn’t seem to be a problem, plenty of demand out there for skilled and educated workers. The UE rate for college grads is like 2.5%. 3.8% for some college or associates degree.

Why? If they aren’t full, why do we need more of them? No, first you have to convince people to go, then you’ll need more.

How many of those are underemployed with massive student loans? Could be the reason for the min wage debate.

Yeah…this Is on trump now…

Government is the main reason tuition is so ridiculous. Clearly, government is not the answer to everything.