US wages begin to fall

I’m making an assumption that the money isn’t under their pillow but actually working in the economy. If it is, it will require additional humans to manage it whether it’s in manufacturing, a service or just a monetary investment.

Well, that’s a false assumption. the money is sitting in investment accounts in foreign countries. If it’s brought back to america, it will help some US wall street firms who will get to hold the money and earn the fees, but that won’t translate into any noticeable impact on teh economy.

That’s because people drowned from so much trickling

Yes totally like if you dont like the pay, just like dont pay your bills or fees your kids or have health insurance.

I don’t like your negative crystal ball.:sunglasses:

1 Like

That is sup…e…r…b!

The last time they increased was in the 90’s when we were at full employment, we just hit full employment again, if it continues they should rise again. It’s pretty good they increased at all actually, when you consider labor having become more of a global commodity.

Of course liberals think the answer to the problem is to take money from corporations, forgetting, they can go elsewhere if you do. And how do you fight that? Tarriff’s of course.

Well unions they say, I’ll move my plants to Mexico instead says automakers. How do you fight that? That’s right, more tarriffs.

So in 1992, a businessman named Ross Perot said that when you pass NAFTA, the sucking sound you hear will be all of the jobs leaving the US. Well guess what…it passed, they did and now wages are stagnant. All of this was stated, Bill Clinton got elected, NAFTA was passed by both sides of the aisle and here “we” are today. Give me a break people. You got what you voted for.

1 Like

I can’t give you the exact dollar amount but I can assure you it exists. Would they take that job for a million a year? Of course. So, now we have established they would do it given high enough pay, the only way to determine what that pay is, is to keep raising it until they show up to apply for those jobs instead of importing foreign labor to do it for less.

The problem is all those manufacturing jobs were taken by robots.

15% of US manufacturing jobs lost since then have been offshored. The rest of the jobs that have been lost have been automated.

So either get behind education and retraining programs for the types of skills needed in modern manufacturing or make robots illegal.

Pell grants and low interest federally backed student loans, done.

As always, a pat non answer to hand wave away a real problem. I can’t believe that nobody takes you serious.

1 Like

Why are so many jobs low paying and dead end?

So, Pell grants and low interest student loans aren’t a thing?

There isn’t a whole lot of room to advance in the service industry. You’re a server or you’re management. That’s pretty much it.

At least with manufacturing gigs you can be an operator, an equipment guy, an engineer, or management…

How many of those are available?

Operators are a dime a dozen. Usually takes some school to move up to anything else. Although there are usually several levels to Operators as well and most of those do not require education so much as on the job training and experience.

Engineering usually has many tech positions open but there’s also high turnover as it’s usually pretty stressful. It pays better than an Operator though.

Because a certain political group fights tooth and nail against living wage salaries as these companies pony up a whole lot of money to bribe politicians to not put forth such legislation.

1 Like

Good idea. Are we educating and training our workforces - adults and kids - in a way that they are valuable enough in the workplace to have a choice?