US wages begin to fall

Um…what?

People say that about tax cuts ALL THE TIME!

Sean Hannity sure seemed to think the tax cuts were gonna fix the economy…

“The rich are already paying their fair share,” Hannity, net worth $36 million, declared. “The idea is to get them to spend their money and stimulate the economy and build the factories in Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Ohio.”

So, fingers crossed, Trump passes tax reform and AgustaWestland builds a few factories in the Rust Belt to keep Geraldo Rivera’s fleet of helicopters well stocked — economy fixed!"

And notice how no where in there does it actually talk about wages rising.

Nice attempt at deflection, but tax cuts grow the economy itself. They do not cause wage growth.

Time to eat your failure, proggie.

Dude…as the economy grows and unemployment drops, what’s supposed to happen to wages?

the richest americans keep them for themselves?

did i win?

Do you have your own theory as to why this happens?

because they can.

Were they supposed to go up more?

If you factor in how much productivity has gone up in that time span…yes…by a lot more.

But why can they?

Probably…

“From 1978 to 2013, CEO compensation, inflation-adjusted, increased 937 percent, a rise more than double stock market growth.”

Btw, I just accidentally hit the edit button on ish’s post a few up. I don’t think I screwed anything up but I wanted to let everyone know that I accidentally hit it.

They haven’t kept pace with inflation.

That’s part of the reason everything feels so expensive now. In truth it’s not much more expensive than it was back in the 60s adjusting for inflation. It’s just that wages haven’t kept pace.

As for the solution, I have no idea. I don’t think any government program could solve the issue.

Are people working harder?
Or are they working with improved infrastructure and tools that increase productivity?

I think it would be great if labor received the benefit of improved productivity. Count me in. But then where is the incentive for the robber barons to invest in improved infrastructure and tools?

So the kids can become CEOs?

Are CEOs working harder?

Not even wrong

You tell me. Arnt you all slathered up with CEO drool? I’m just a worker bee.

Thread title: US wages begin to fall.

Bureau of statistics used to support title:

“Real average hourly earnings were unchanged, seasonally adjusted, from June 2017 to June 2018. Real
average hourly earnings combined with a 0.3-percent increase in the average workweek resulted in a
0.2-percent increase in real average weekly earnings over this period.”

Hey, you’re the one asking if workers are working harder. I guess CEOs are working 900some % harder since the 70s.