US to pull out of INF treaty with russia

China is developing their intermediate range ballistic missile capabilities at an impressive rate. While their total inventory of nuclear warheads is still relatively modest, they will likely substantially increase that during the next decade.

China could well be a factor in the United States decision.

1 Like

And Russia as well, because I’ve read somewhere about their own concerns.

As an aside, I am slightly busy, watching Purdue DESTROY Ohio State. :smile:

Trump said he will remove the US from the INF agreement which is one of the key agreement that helped end the cold war between Russia and America.

Donald Trump has confirmed the US will leave an arms control treaty with Russia dating from the cold war that has kept nuclear missiles out of Europe for three decades.

“We’ll have to develop those weapons,” the president told reporters in Nevada after a rally. “We’re going to terminate the agreement and we’re going to pull out.”

Trump was referring to the 1987 Intermediate-range Nuclear Forces treaty (INF), which banned ground-launch nuclear missiles with ranges from 500km to 5,500km. Signed by Ronald Reagan and Mikhail Gorbachev, it led to nearly 2,700 short- and medium-range missiles being eliminated, and an end to a dangerous standoff between US Pershing and cruise missiles and Soviet SS-20 missiles in Europe.

Libs: “ok you guys… put down those Trump loves Putin signs and go make some Trump loves war signs. We got him THIS time.”

2 Likes

Interesting that this pops up immediately after he meets with the companies that will manufacture these missiles.

Sounds like it’s time for Vlad to have an impromptu “performance review” / discussion on interest rates the Trump companies are paying

Eh. I’m as big a critic of Trump as anyone, but I think stating he’s planning to restart the cold war is a tad bit premature.

Just a lovers’ spat.

You libs need to read up what’s been going on for last decade or so…specially under Obama administration.

A lot of things have happened since 2008. Any particular chapter of that decade?

He has no clue.

Trump is a rabid Russia hater who must be stopped…as opposed to a rabid Russia lover who must be stopped. Anyway, he must be stopped.

Does this mean Putin will be releasing the pee video?

1 Like

Donald plays eleventy dimensional chess while the lib mob fumbles at Tiddlywinks.

Such glorious days we’re living in, so long as the lib mob never ever regains power again.

It seems prudent to talk with the weapons experts before making decisions that could involve weapons. One could review recent history to see what earlier presidents would do. But Trump knows that Obama would have asked Putin if we could just apologize … again.

He wouldn’t ask. He’d just pre-emptively apologize. Noone would have to ask him to do it either.

He can just stop paying.

Relax. If you haven’t noticed, Trump is a winner.

Hmm… .

Kinda blows the hell out of the whole “Trump is Putin’s Pet” meme’ don’t it?