US soybean farmers warn Trump trade war with China will cause 'serious damage'

“Soybeans are the top agriculture export for the United States, and China is the top market for purchasing those exports,” Heisdorffer said in the statement. “The math is simple. You tax soybean exports at 25-percent, and you have serious damage to U.S. farmers.”

Soybeans are among the U.S. products, along with orange juice, whiskey, electric cars and others, that are threatened by retaliatory tariffs from China."

Yeah, those farmers (and others) that voted for the con man are gonna be second guessing that vote. Well, unless they like less money. Or I guess they could all say that they are sacrificing for the greater good. :wink:

The lib prayer. "Please God, let them regret voting for Trump "

You wish…

It doesn’t matter what people wish. Some people in some industries will now be published due to a Trump’s tariffs.

You mean “punished”?

But none were punished by tariffs ( or their equivalent ) during Obama’s administration?

Yeah, I’m sure the farmers that will now be punished by Trump are sitting around saying “You know hun, some other stuff happened a while back. Let’s just ignore our lost income. That okay? Now let’s go to Sizzler and celebrate”.

1 Like

Soy beans from US have found other markets while China has urged domestic farmers to plant more.

Might take some time to fill the void…In China.

Makes sense, what would people in the soy bean industry know about selling soy beans?

5 Likes

If soy bean prices drop stateside, I’m going to do my part to keep demand high. I love edamame.

Soy is an easy global sell.

Isoflavones and anti-cancer properties make it a multi-useful product

Well, clearly you know better than the people selling it for a living.

Soy is just not my thing. And soy milk is an abomination in the sight of God.

2 Likes

Too bad Soy bean futures are going down as Ttump has trade wars with other nations limiting their market further.

If soy farmers are hurt by Trump’s tariffs, it’s going to be because of people like you who refuse to do your part to make up the difference.

1 Like

people who deal with soy beans are saying this is a crap deal and some of you still defend Trump and his idiotic tariffs… amazing i tell ya

Okay that was pretty ■■■■■■■ funny.

Do you even read the links? These farmers will go bankrupt thanks to this stupid trade war.

When the crap hits your fan, will you then care about the damage he’s doing?

Wait till this hits pork and microprocessors

If?

LOL

https://www.nasdaq.com/markets/soybean.aspx

Allan

Bully for me!