UPDATE: Warren Says ‘Medicare for All’ Will Cover Everyone ‘Regardless of Immigration Status’

Originally published at: UPDATE: Warren Says ‘Medicare for All’ Will Cover Everyone ‘Regardless of Immigration Status’ | Sean Hannity

Sen. Elizabeth Warren doubled-down on her demands to provide free healthcare to all illegal migrants living in the United States Friday; saying her ‘Medicare for All’ proposal would apply to everyone “regardless of immigration status.”

“Why did you decide to include people regardless of immigration status?” asked one audience member.

“Medicare for All, as I put this together, covers everyone; regardless of immigration status, and that’s it,” fired-back Warren.

.@ewarren says that her Medicare-For-All plan “covers everyone regardless of immigration status.”pic.twitter.com/feb5VY7PV4

— Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) November 8, 2019

At the same event, Warren also called for an end of deportations from the United States for illegal immigrants; saying it would provide a path forward on comprehensive reform.

“I am open to suspending deportations, particularly as a way to push Congress for comprehensive immigration reform,” Warren told the crowd.

Elizabeth Warren: "I am open to suspending deportations as a way to push Congress for comprehensive immigration reform." pic.twitter.com/FH3nyahyDo

— Chris Martin (@chrisjdmartin) November 8, 2019

Warren’s comments come hours after Sen. Bernie Sanders unveiled his own immigration plan should he take the White House in 2020.

Sanders unveiled his latest immigration proposal Thursday; calling for the elimination of ICE, a stop in federal deportations, the admission of 50,000 ‘Climate Migrants’ and free healthcare for all.

“My father came to America as a refugee without a nickel in his pocket, to escape widespread anti-Semitism and find a better life,” Sanders said in a press release. “As the proud son of an immigrant, I know that my father’s story is the story of so many Americans today.”

“When I am in the White House we will stop the hatred towards our immigrant brothers and sisters, end family separation, and locking children up in cages. We will end the ICE raids that are terrorizing our communities, and on my first day as president, I will use my executive power to protect our immigrant communities and reverse every single horrific action implemented by Trump,” he said.

“Immigration is not a threat to national security,” his plan says. “It is long past time we break up the Department of Homeland Security and refocus its mission on keeping our country safe and responding effectively to emergencies.”