UPDATE: Miami Beach Police ‘Not Pursuing Criminal Charges’ Against Andrew Gillum

Originally published at: UPDATE: Miami Beach Police ‘Not Pursuing Criminal Charges’ Against Andrew Gillum | Sean Hannity

Miami Beach Police will reportedly “not pursue criminal charges” against failed gubernatorial candidate Andrew Gillum after he was allegedly found in a hotel room alongside a man experiencing a drug overdose.

“Andrew Gillum, one of the Democratic Party’s fast-rising political stars, was in a Miami Beach hotel room early on Friday when emergency workers were called to treat another man suffering from a probable drug overdose, the police said,” reports the New York Times.

Police are not pursuing criminal charges in an apparent overdose involving a friend of Andrew Gillum, the former Democratic nominee for Florida governorhttps://t.co/pvNEgIoG7D

— The New York Times (@nytimes) March 13, 2020

“At this time, the incident is not being investigated as a criminal matter,” Officer Ernesto Rodriguez, a department spokesman, told the Times in an email.

Original Story: March 13, 2020

Failed Florida Gubernatorial candidate Andrew Gillum was reportedly found in a Miami Beach hotel room in an “inebriated state” alongside another guest who exhibited signs of a possible drug overdose.

“The Miami Beach Police Department responded to an emergency call from the hotel room early Friday morning. Police impounded several clear plastic bags of what appeared to be crystal meth,” reports Politico.

“Police said Gillum was unable to speak to them because of his ‘inebriated state,’ according to the report. Gillum eventually left the hotel and returned to his residence,” adds Politico.

BREAKING: Andrew Gillum was discovered by police at a South Beach hotel early Friday in a room with bags of possible methamphetamine and in the company of a man who appeared to have overdosed on drugs, according to a police report. https://t.co/9F8PZ714z0

— Miami Herald (@MiamiHerald) March 13, 2020

Gillum released a statement Friday; denying his use of any illegal drugs while admitting he consumed too much alcohol at a nearby wedding.

Gillum: "I was in Miami last night for a wedding celebration when first responders were called to assist one of my friends. While I had too much to drink, I want to be clear that I have never used methamphetamines."

Apologizes for "distraction this has caused our movement." pic.twitter.com/TDY7mnZGYO

— Allan Smith (@akarl_smith) March 13, 2020

“I was in Miami last night for a wedding celebration when first responders were called to assist one of my friends,” Gillum said in a written statement. “While I had too much to drink, I want to be clear that I have never used methamphetamines. I apologize to the people of Florida for the distraction this has caused our movement.”

“I’m thankful to the incredible Miami Beach EMS team for their efforts,” Gillum said. “I will spend the next few weeks with my family and appreciate privacy during this time.”

Read the full report here.

Source: Politico