UPDATE: Lawyers for Tulsi Gabbard Demand Hillary Retract ‘Defamatory’ Claims of ‘Russian Asset’

Originally published at: UPDATE: Lawyers for Tulsi Gabbard Demand Hillary Retract ‘Defamatory’ Claims of ‘Russian Asset’ | Sean Hannity

Attorneys representing Congresswoman and presidential hopeful Tulsi Gabbard are demanding Hillary Clinton retract her statements accusing the Democrat of acting as a “Russian Asset” to interfere in the 2020 race for the White House.

“Your statement is defamatory, and we demand that you retract it immediately,” Gabbard’s lawyer wrote in a letter.

“It appears you may now be claiming that this statement is about Republicans (not Russians) grooming Gabbard,” Gabbard’s lawyer wrote in the letter. “But this makes no sense in light of what you actually said. After you made the statement linking Congresswoman Gabbard to the Russians, you (through your spokesman) doubled down on it with the Russian nesting dolls remark.”

Read the full report at here.

Source: The Hill

Original Story: October 21, 2019

A handful of 2020 Democratic candidates publicly criticized twice-failed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton this week after the former Secretary of State accused Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard of acting as a “Russian Asset.”

“A growing number of 2020 Democratic presidential hopefuls are rallying to fellow candidate Tulsi Gabbard’s defense after Hillary Clinton claimed the Russians are ‘grooming’ the Hawaii congresswoman to be a third-party spoiler in the race and suggested Gabbard is really a Russian asset — a claim Gabbard has decried as an unfounded smear,” reports Fox News.

“Tulsi is not being groomed by anyone. She is her own person,” former Texas Rep. Beto O’Rourke said over the weekend. “Obviously has served this country, continues to serve this country in uniform, in Congress, as a candidate for presidency so I think those facts speak for themselves.”

“Tulsi Gabbard deserves much more respect and thanks than this. She literally just got back from serving our country abroad,” posted entrepreneur Andrew Yang on social media.

Tulsi Gabbard deserves much more respect and thanks than this. She literally just got back from serving our country abroad.

— Andrew Yang🧢 (@AndrewYang) October 19, 2019

Gabbard herself posted a video on social media after the accusation, saying “If they can falsely portray me as a traitor, then they can do it to anyone—and in fact, that’s exactly the message they want to get across to you.”

Hillary & her gang of rich, powerful elite are going after me to send a msg to YOU: “Shut up, toe the line, or be destroyed.” But we, the people, will NOT be silenced. Join me in taking our Democratic Party back & leading a govt of, by & for the people! https://t.co/TOcAOPrxye pic.twitter.com/TahfE2XOek

— Tulsi Gabbard (@TulsiGabbard) October 20, 2019

Read the full report at Fox News.