UPDATE: Chicago Police to Bill Jussie Smollett for ALL COSTS Associated with Alleged Hate Crime Hoax

Originally published at: UPDATE: Chicago Police to Bill Jussie Smollett for ALL COSTS Associated with Alleged Hate Crime Hoax | Sean Hannity

Outgoing Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel unloaded on ‘Empire’ Actor Jussie Smollett Thursday; unveiling his plan to bill the celebrity for costs associated with his alleged hate crime hoax.

Mayor Rahm Emanuel: "My recommendation is when [Jussie Smollett] writes the check, in the memo section he can put the words 'I'm accountable for the hoax.'"

Emanuel: City will send Jussie Smollett bill for cost of police resources https://t.co/lN5fFqgtCc pic.twitter.com/nbsC3KlYbS

— The Hill (@thehill) March 28, 2019

“The police are assembling the cost. They’ll do that, then the corporation for the council of the city of Chicago will communicate to Jussie Smollett and his legal team about recouping that cost,” said Emanuel.

“Given that he doesn’t feel any sense of contrition or remorse, my recommendation is that in the memo section of the check he can put the words ‘I’m Accountable,’” he added.

More from Jussie Smollet team.

STATEMENT FROM JUSSIE SMOLLETT'S DEFENSE TEAM REGARDING MAYOR EMMANUEL'S STATEMENT

“It is the Mayor and the Police Chief who owe Jussie – owe him an apology – for dragging an innocent man’s character through the mud. Jussie has paid enough.”

— Charlie De Mar (@CharlieDeMar) March 28, 2019

Smollett’s legal team fired back at the Chicago Mayor following his press briefing; releasing a statement that read “It is the Mayor and the Police Chief who owe Jussie – owe him an apology – for dragging an innocent man’s character through the mud. Jussie has paid enough.”