UPDATE: A Tragic Miscarriage of Justice for Army First Lieutenant Clint Lorance

Originally published at: UPDATE: A Tragic Miscarriage of Justice for Army First Lieutenant Clint Lorance | Sean Hannity

UPDATE

By Lynda McLaughlin

You might recall I wrote an article last week about Army 1st Lt. Clint Lorance and the grave injustice he has been dealt.

The latest culprit in the Lorance’s case, is General Berger, who is willfully and intentionally lying about the case and Clint personally. Please find here the letter that was sent to Berger, by Clint’s legal team, in an attempt to allow Berger the information to correct the record.

Berger has chosen to ignore these facts and continue to perpetuate lies about Clint Lorance. Absolutely disgusting.

Now the Army has just made BG Berger the head of the Army JAG School, that is, he is now responsible for training and educating all new Judge Advocates, career Judge Advocates, and for providing certification military judges and continuing legal education to uniformed and civilian Federal government attorneys. Lovely, we have a man who is not interested in upholding the law, or serving justice, teaching others how to do the same.

Find both the letter to Berger and the article about his new role here.

One more piece of information – read the sworn affidavit that the prosecution never turned over to the defense. Maybe BG Berger should pay attention to this, instead of making up lies.

It’s time for a disapproval of findings for Clint Lorance and an apology from BG Berger; at the very least.

Original story:

In my 15 years with the Sean Hannity Show, I have seen some of the most wonderful, amazing and truly incredible efforts by our listeners and viewers to help their fellow man. Unfortunately, I have seen the other side as well, a side where good men go to prison, while pompous and arrogant elitist spread ‘fake news.’

Today, I am reaching out to our audience to alert you to a tragic miscarriage of justice. Army First Lieutenant Clint Lorance is sitting in Fort Leavenworth for a crime he did not commit. He is innocent, and after dedicating his life to this great country we have repaid him with a brown uniform and a jail cell.

Clint’s story has been widely reported, following the attack on July 2, 2012 in Afghanistan on his platoon. Like so many of our officers, Lorance and his platoon served under Barack Obama’s rules of engagement (ROE). These ROE were nothing but handcuffs for the brave men and women who were unfortunate enough to serve our nation during his tenure.

Clint’s situation has taken a turn for the worse with Brigadier General Berger, the Chief Judge of the Army Court of Criminal Appeals, who has the authority to oversee his case. Berger spoke out of turn against Clint, betraying his uniform and the people of this nation with the lies he has told about an innocent man.

Berger took to the stage to speak at CSIS where he proceeded to defame Lorance and lie about his actions while in Afghanistan. He was abusive and cruel with the words he ascribed to him, but further and most importantly, he LIED. Clint’s attorneys informed General Berger that his accusations were factually incorrect. Berger at first seemed eager to remedy his actions. But instead, he has chosen to allow that lie to live on and has not yet corrected the record.

One of Clint’s attorney’s Don Brown has written a book about the trials and tribulations of Clint’s case (Travesty Of Justice: The Shocking Prosecution of Lt. Clint Lorance) and has an entire chapter on General Berger; the salient points related to this article are here:

![|624x435](upload://2AUiKBmm7S1FOx4o0VntwWEdac4.jpeg)

![|624x344](upload://gb0gfaudng0otomXUXH60DVrF9s.jpeg)

![|624x64](upload://q5BrMIpmjZwdMIR5L2ubZJrtoaO.jpeg)

![|624x315](upload://oEY8VptbO83ZiWjgw0Mz8p6aaK8.jpeg)

Now, we are bringing General Berger’s actions to the forefront. How can a man lying to hundreds of people about Clint’s ‘crimes’ be expected to rule fairly in his case? How can a man who is accusing Clint of crimes that he was acquitted of by a jury of his peers, be trusted to protect our nation and the men and women who serve it? I tell you this, I want Clint Lorance freed, but I also want General Berger held accountable for his disgusting behavior.