Unemployment Lowest in 53 Years

You are allowed to change the subject to Trump bashing every single time you post.
I have read the ToS and there is no rule against it.

2 Likes

(Already covered)

This is something that I just saw today. Not sure how much more light it sheds on this?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/why-did-we-get-a-monster-jobs-report-if-the-economy-is-slowing/ar-AA176W6R?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=c465c09944e34f87ce46f803180edb97

From the link:

The Covid pandemic was a tremendous shock to global economies, and the US labor force is still showing the effects of historic employment losses, sudden shifts in consumer behavior, discombobulated supply chains, and efforts to return to a state of normality.

The employment recovery since 2021 has been historically robust, with the monthly job gains larger than anything seen on record.

January’s jobs report came with added complexity, because it included annual updates to populations estimates and revisions to employer survey data.

“Now we know both [2021 and 2022] had faster job growth than we previously realized,” said University of Michigan economists Betsey Stevenson and Benny Doctor in a statement Friday. “The patterns remain the same: Job growth accelerated in the second half of 2021 before slowing in the first half of 2022 and slowing further in the second half of 2022.”

The January reports also bring with them “seasonal noise,” said Joe Brusuelas, principal and chief economist for RSM US.

“I’m advising policymakers and clients to ignore the topline number [of 517,000],” he said, noting it’s likely a function of seasonal adjustments and a reflection of swings in hiring activity and traditional cutbacks that take place from mid-December to mid-January.

Yes there is. It is called trolling.

MEH . . . Trump derangement syndrome is a mental disorder, not a ToS.

True but

1 Like

I agree with this, and not just “economies.” It will take some time to understand just how much The Gran Hysteria changed the world. At least a generation.

Not all of it was bad either.

1.1 million dead in the US=hysteria

Was the 1918 flu also a “hysteria”?

…only if Trump is POTUS, then the number of dead will be on every lib news source, every day and the media will tell everyone we’re all going to die and it’s all Trump’s fault. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

Yes.

I wonder if that is a fair comparison given how much more we now know about…well, everything versus 100 years ago. Think of it: virolgy, genetics, pharmocology, etc.

I wonder why you fee fee man is in control?

The Covid pandemici didn’t cause it, our reaction to the Covid pandemic did.

4 Likes

In my lifetime, I personally witnessed the Great Mass (D)elusion that kicked off the Global War on Pandemics.

1 Like

Fairy tails for the gullible

100% correct.

Below is a chart of the M2 Money supply.

Viruses replicate viruses, people replicate currency.
People getting sick, missing work, locked down etc cause the money supply to shrink.

What happened to the economy is because of the jump in M2
which was caused by man (not by virus).

By any standard, Congress and the Fed had a super-ginormous much-too-big over-reaction.

1 Like

What has the house done to make the jobs numbers jump?

This said we usually see repossessions linked with high levels of unemployment, but the current high levels of employment make us think that we will not see high levels of repossessions in 2023.

Will There Be More Repossessions At Auction In 2023?.

If the unemployment numbers are accurate, then repossessions should decline? That’s the historical correlation. That said, I’m not buying it. The historically low labor participation rate is a key factor when attempting to examine the whole. Combine this with the current inflation and I don’t like what I think I’m seeing coming our way economically.

Of course you are not buying it. The participation rate has been going up. You are not buying it because of who is in power. Full stop.

This is despite the fact that he has little to nothing to do with the numbers.

You’re about 2 million light.