Under Trump we are spending about 1000 dollars everyday for each migrant detained thanks to nobid contracts

They had fences before the time of Christ and technology hasn’t changed at all. It should work.

:wink:

Works well in Hungary they reduced illegal immigration 99% and they are a poor country in comparison to the US.

https://en.s4c.news/2018/11/02/__trashed-3/

This isn’t brought up in debates , etc because some people are making a lot of money off the backs of these illegal immigrants and I bet it is bipartisan.

I’m thinking you might be right, corruption like this needs to be harshly punished until its no longer enticing.

Precisely.

Do I agree with no bid contract…no. But to blame Trump for agreement made in 2014/2015. This poster had been shown it…hell he even posted a link to NYSlim stating as such. But yet he continues to ignore it.

He’s one trick pony that thinks he “got something”.

2 Likes

If you really want to end this…secure the borders. Send them home when caught…and stop the bitching.

Problem solved.

2 Likes

Is this the holding facility you’re talking about in Florida?

Why yes you are.

Originally under Obama

The center actually opened under the Obama administration on a site formerly run by the Job Corps, a vocational training program for young men and women. It was during a prior surge in unaccompanied minors arriving at the border. When the surge ebbed, the compound closed.

It reopened under the Trump administration in February 2018 and became a flashpoint when the controversy over family separations came to a boil. Some youths who had been separated from their parents were housed there.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/immigration/article229744049.html#storylink=cpy

Again…schools over.

Also I want you to notice something…forum libs haven’t came to your defense except to deflect.

Now ask yourself why that is?

Oh what’s this ■■■■■

For the first time in modern American history, the government decides to detain all Central American women and children seeking asylum in the U.S., instead of allowing them to live freely until their days in court. The policy change is intended to send a message to anyone else seeking refuge from a plague of gang violence below our southern border: Don’t believe everything you read on the Statue of Liberty.

And to implement this draconian proposal, the government awards a well-connected private prison company with a $1 billion no-bid contract — one that promises to pay the firm $20 million a month, no matter how few migrants its facility is responsible for housing at a given time. Then federal courts rule that this policy of mass detention isn’t actually legal. But the contract is already signed, and so the Corrections Corporation of America collects millions in taxpayer money to maintain a nearly empty detention center.

Obama policy to detain Central Americans women and children. No bid contract.

Dated Aug 5th 2016.

Who was president then? Now think…I understand that’s tough question but I’m sure you can figure it out.

Story here.

Everything you are saying is a distraction from the fact Trump signed a no-bid contract in 2018 and 2019 to pay John Kellys company bout 1000 dollars a day per migrant detained? Are you saying you are ok with that and it is a responsible use of taxpayer money and isnt being stolen? Are you actually going to tell me that you truely believe it really costs 1000 a pay to keep people in these conditions? Alternatives to detention: Trump can release migrants under supervision - Vox

I dont have anything better to do so im gonna go through and address your other points even though they are completely irrelevant to the fact that trump in 2018 and 2019 awarded a nobid contract to pay John Kellys company bout 1000 dollars a day per migrant detained

NO I’m not OK with it…anymore then Obama no bid contracts.

Seems to me you only have a problem with it now because Trump is pres.

I wasnt able to vote until 2016 and I dont care bout what obama did anymore than I care bout reagan, clinton or Hayes when it has no effect on the current situation. I found something I consider disgustingly corrupt and I want to make sure everyone knows about it and to understand if there is some reason it is considered Ok to spend 1000 dollars a day to put a bunch of people in a big cage.

If Obama wouldn’t have done such a ■■■■■■ job with the contract then there would have been no need for an emergency contract. He must believe all they did is throw up a couple of tents and latrines.

the average amount under obama was about 96 dollars a day detained which is still way too high, now under trump he is paying john kellys company bout 1000 dollars a day per migrant and you want to still blame Obama?

Ok can you please go a little bit more indepth on why you think we had to pay 1000 dollars a day to stick a buncha migrants in cages? Im very curious

First you have to acquire the land, then build it. Being it has to be expedited it costs way more. Then you need food service, admin and security. That thousand a day day did not break out those costs. Obama’s contract had an existing facility.

That’s just off the top of my head. If the average a day cost is a 1000 a day on next contract after the infrastructure is in place then you will have a valid point.

The contracts are not to build facilities I linked both the contracts. Also most of these centers are not built. They are old department stores with cages in them lol. Other countries do this for under 35 dollars a day while we are spending 1000 a day with conditions that are much worse.

You didn’t link to the contract itself you linked to the award. It does not have the scope or breakdown of the costs. Hint the contract will be hundreds of pages long.

Now link to the scope and cost breakdown and link to another country, acquiring a building, stripping it and refurbishing it, and then provide security, admin, healthcare sanitation, electricity ect for 35 dollars a day.

Oh and you can’t ■■■■■■■■ me. I have run contracts for the government up to 900 million. I know what is involved.

For one I did, click the pdf and download it on the gov site or google it. They literally went into an old old dept store and put up metal fences that acted as group cells. Me and a few friends could have done the job in a day or 2. You can google the camps and tell me you actually think the money is going towards anything but lining the pockets of trumps friends. We pay 1000 a day per migrant and have conditions that allow the left to compare them to concentration camps meanwhile in Europe costs range from $5 a day to $40 and includes medical care, TV and better conditions. Uk I think was 500 a week which was on the high end but the migrants stay in literal 1 bedroom hotels. Its so obvious this a just a con

Language selection | IBZ* ](Language selection | IBZ)
Home - Fun88 Vietnam

What type of contract is this? Is it fixed price, cost type, or some other or mixed type of contract?

These types of contracts are audited, are they not? Either before the award or when costs are submitted.
There is really very little support or history provided for any of these allegations.

But then, when one of the main points of the OP is that restraining illegal aliens is the same thing as the NAZI’s, I am really not very surprised by the lack of support.

And the accusation of Trump’s involvement in getting this awarded to his “friends” seems to be a basis for these allegations. Provide some evidence of Trump’s involvement in this selection please? This seems a bit odd if the whole process was started before he was President.

Who were the other potential bidders?
Why were they not allowed to bid?
I don’t suppose this was looked into, was it?

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/immigration/article86137097.html

Is this the site we are talking about? Note the date of the article.

I am all for examining government contracts. This just seems like a pile of allegations at this point with no proof of anything.

Of course, the costs should be looked at and probably are. High up front costs could exaggerate the cost per person, of course. If you try to build a building and then allocate the costs to the people who are there the first year, for example, those would appear huge.

At most, this is just a “should be looked into” (and probably is by the proper people.)

Stop the spanking. I can hear it all the way on my side of the continent…and it’s loud. :sunglasses:

1 Like