UNDER SCRUTINY: Group Behind Omar-Tlaib Israel Trip Referred to Suicide Bombings as ‘Sacrifice For the Cause’

Originally published at: UNDER SCRUTINY: Group Behind Omar-Tlaib Israel Trip Referred to Suicide Bombings as ‘Sacrifice For the Cause’ | Sean Hannity

The controversial organization behind Congresswomen Rashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar’s scrapped Israeli visit is under new scrutiny this week, with multiple statements coming to light in recent days on suicide bombings and armed uprisings.

“In defending its decision, the Israeli government is citing the radical history of the group that was slated to sponsor the trip,” reports Fox News. “That group, named Miftah, has a long record of anti-Israel rhetoric that includes downplaying attacks on Israelis and even describing suicide bombers as ‘sacrificing their lives for the cause.’”

“For instance, a 2006 Miftah report dealing with the Second Intifada – a wave of Palestinian violence in the early 2000s – discussed a 2002 Jerusalem suicide bombing under a section titled ‘Fighting Back.’ It described the attack, where Wafa Idrees blew herself up with a bomb that killed an Israeli and injured more than 100 others, as ‘the beginning of a string of Palestinian women dedicated to sacrificing their lives for the cause,’” adds Fox.

Rep. Ilhan Omar posted a massive, anti-Israeli tirade on social media Friday, just hours after she was denied entry into the Jewish State for her outspoken support of multiple boycott initiatives.

“Let’s be clear: the goal of our trip was to witness firsthand what is happening on the ground in Palestine and hear from stakeholders —our job as Members of Congress. But since we were unable to fulfill our role as legislators, I am sharing what we would have seen,” she posted on Twitter. “First, I planned to hold meetings with members of the Knesset (both Jewish and Arab) along with Israeli security officials.”

“The humanitarian crisis in Gaza is one of the worst in the world—with 97% of water unfit for human consumption and on the verge of collapse. Most of the people in Gaza are children,” she added. “77% of shops have closed bc of military occupation. Palestinians walk with garbage nets above their heads, put up to catch trash thrown by settlers. Violent attacks on Palestinians are routine.”

Let’s be clear: the goal of our trip was to witness firsthand what is happening on the ground in Palestine and hear from stakeholders —our job as Members of Congress.

But since we were unable to fulfill our role as legislators, I am sharing what we would have seen. (THREAD)

— Ilhan Omar (@IlhanMN) August 16, 2019

We planned a video conference with youth from Gaza.

The humanitarian crisis in Gaza is one of the worst in the world—with 97% of water unfit for human consumption and on the verge of collapse. Most of the people in Gaza are children.

77% of shops have closed bc of military occupation. Palestinians walk with garbage nets above their heads, put up to catch trash thrown by settlers. Violent attacks on Palestinians are routine.

Israel’s Interior Minister slammed Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib Friday after approving her request to visit the Jewish State; saying her “hate for Israel overcomes her love for her grandmother.”

“Rep. Tlaib just tweeted that she won’t be coming to Israel. Just yesterday she sent me a letter, asking to visit her 90 year old grandmother saying, ‘it might be my last chance to meet her,’” posted Interior Minister Aryeh Deri. “I approved her request as a gesture of goodwill on a humanitarian basis, but it was just a provocative request, aimed at bashing the State of Israel. Apparently her hate for Israel overcomes her love for her grandmother.”

Read the full report at Fox News.