Ukraine intel leader announces efforts to assassinate Putin

Yes…they better not.

Perfidy is your best search term.

what treachery would be involved? They named him a target. No trickery, no treachery, no secrecy even.

Putin is a legitimate target for Ukraine. Anyone in the chain of command or involved in espionage agaisnt ukraine from the lowest private to the supreme commander is a legitimate target.

1 Like

With American weapons?

after we give them away, they ain’t ours

Sorry…not buying it.

When you give something away it is no longer yours.

Now, we do attach some conditions to transfering ownership to them. Like “you can’t use it for attacks inside Russia” Fairly certain that would include assassinating Putin… unless of course he was in Ukraine.

The problem is that if Putin were truly killed by Ukrainian forces, it would definitely be pinned on the US even if we had no part in it. And that could lead to some lower level Kremlin bureaucrat taking retaliatory action against the US proper.

For that reason, I don’t support it, even if morally and ethically I have zero problem with it. On the other hand, if Putin is killed by his own people, I could still see some Kremlin apparatchiks blaming the US.

I agree. That however has no bearing on whether or not he is a legitimate target.

1 Like

I’m sure there is conditions…not expert nor do I pretend to be one.

Either way that’s not how Russians are going to see it. Also who’s going to replace Putin?

Careful in what you’re seeking.

I don’t really care how the Russians see it. They will do whatever they will do.

Who replaces him? Not Putin.

Yes, its risky to get rid of him. The way I see it, he’s on his way out anyway. If he doesn’t die before this war is over, he’ll likely be ousted after Russia is forced to withdraw from Crimea (I know… if). I believe they will be. If he’s ousted who takes over? Likely a hardliner for a short period, and then someone more like Nevalny, who is also a Russian Nationalist, but much more pragmatic. There will be no instant gratification. Its going to take time, and very careful diplomatic work.

That’s just it isn’t it?

1 Like

Is the Ukrainian intel service acting as an agent of the US government?

Of course it is, but don’t expect Washington or Kyiv to admit that.

Just to add, while he is a legitimate target, he is not a very smart target. If they managed to kill him the backlash will be overwhelming, not just from Russia. World leaders tend to frown on killing world leaders.

That said… They could make it like where’s waldo or whack a mole and keep bombing where he was yesterday. Doing so would get people used to the idea that they were “trying” and would lessen the shock value if they ever did hit him. It would also give the perception of Russia being too weak to stop them and make it an eventuality. People don’t tend to get riled up about eventualities eventually happening.

I’m glad you’re able to see unintended consequences. :wink:

Nothing quite says “we are confident” like announcing you want to assassinate enemy leaders.

Yes, especially when your president seems to be avoiding coming home.

Have you seen any evidence that Zelensky has returned to Kyiv after the recent G7 meeting?

been home for a while, and this crap from you gets more pathetic every day