Ukraine computer involved in Tennessee elections attack

What’s the point. You don’t understand.

Concerns me yes.

Counties -should- be changing passwords ever 60 or 90 days. Making the passwords hard to crack. Before the election when some entities were getting voter roles it was found they had really simple passwords. Should be continuous training for employee’s about fishing and spear fishing (aka Dems and fancy bear).

If there were a way to stop them I’d be all for it.

Let me type this real slow:

Proof that any votes changed please

That’s the point

You don’t think that the 3,500 Facebook ads detailed in the link above affected anyone’s vote? You won’t believe that anyone fell for the message in that photoshopped image of Aziz Ansari unless I can produce someone who says, “Yes, I feel for it and voted on Twitter”?

you mean the 100 or so that mentioned Trump or alluded to him?

Russia’s end game it to mess with the US and divide us. In that they succeeded 100%

about 1,950 — made express references to race.

Doesn’t give us much information if it would help or hurt Trump.

At least 25% of the ads centered on issues involving crime and policing, often with a racial connotation. Separate ads, launched simultaneously, would stoke suspicion about how police treat black people in one ad, while another encouraged support for pro-police groups.

Notice playing both sides of America against each other with their ads

Only about 100 of the ads overtly mentioned support for Donald Trump or opposition to Hillary Clinton.

Nope. It’s not getting through to you. Or you are being intentionally disingenuous. Which one is it?

Stop lying plz. We are trying to have a real conversation about election tampering and your dishonesty is wasting all of our time. What’s the point of talking with you if you don’t even understand the debate?

1 Like

Who said anything about hurting Trump specifically? They stirred up both sides and sought to foment distrust in one another and our election system, as the article I posted clearly states. To suggest our election system isn’t under attack and wasn’t compromised in 2016 to protect Donald Trump is un-American.

How?

Russia was trying to hack systems in 2014 (before The Don knew he was running) and Bamma did really nothing.

USA today analyzed the facebook ads - if you’ve got issues with the analysis talk to USA today.

So again, I’m asking how the election was compromised?

Kind of silly that the two candidates (main one’s) spent millions of dollars, yet a couple hundred thousand by the Ruskies completely and utterly changed things.

And you know it’s against the rules to accues someone of lying :wink:

And they have been doing it on one way or another for years.

Try and figure out a way to stop it that is constitutional. Could be interesting with free speech.

I’ll stop calling people liars.

Voting shouldn’t have an internet connection, problem solved, if a computer is involved in vote tallying, hooking it up to the internet is really stupid.

On a side note, I find it weird they claim to have “fixed” the problem as I know of no way you can stop denial of service attacks, aside from disconnecting it from the internet.

That would be a VERY good idea

It’s a good way for you to win debates.

Try and win within the rules of the board :smile:

1 Like

There are program you can use to create random password that are next to impossible to crack.

Are Russian trolls protected by the 1st Amendment? It’s pretty tough to put an end to this kind of action by a hostile foreign government when one of the two political parties won’t even admit it’s a problem.

Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech

Doesn’t say it only applies to citizens of the US so as written it applies to anyone.

One system I use, have to change password every 90 days. Can’t be a password that I’ve EVER used before (14 years of changing passwords). It rejects it if part of it is a word in a dictionary. Have to use upper and lower case letters, and special characters. AND something I can remember and not write down anyplace.

As I pointed out in private exchange where you said the same thing to me, the old forum had an unwritten rule about _calling_someone a liar – not calling them out for lying. I distinctly remember this conversation on the forum. You were not a mod at the time. Am I misremembering this or is there a new rule that has not been communicated?

1 Like