Uhm, anyone notice the stock market today? 10/10/18

FAKE NEWS!! :roll_eyes:

Are you really saying that libs are crashing the market today?

This post is what Iā€™m can really concerned about.

Yeah the company Amazon is about as capitalistic as a company could ever be. Itā€™s just the whole Donald Trump/Washington Post thing that makes people stupid about who they are.

I just rolled over a couple of 401ks into an IRA, and so roughly 60% if my retirement portfolio is currently in cash, while I figure out what to do with it. Never has a one-day drop bothered me so little.

It would be nice if older people could actually make safe money on bonds again. And yes, itā€™s all Trumps fault the fed doesnā€™t think it has to prop up the economy with free federal money any more, bad Trump.

I have no doubt ā€œSomeā€ libs would love to sabotage our economy for election/power.

Itā€™s not the growing deficit, trade wars, tariffs, political propaganda against tech, or myriad of other policies associated with the current administrationā€¦

Itā€™s ā€œlibs on internet forumsā€; what a bunch of idiots.

4 Likes

If you arenā€™t buying gold after a day like today, I donā€™t know what to say.

6 Likes

Psst, itā€™s the fed interest hike, do you not get the news?

Sometimes itā€™s hard to know when youā€™re serious and when youā€™re just yanking our chain just to get a riseā€¦

1 Like

Amazing, billions of other people did not see such an obvious tell and respond before! Itā€™s not thats simple.

But in regards to the ā€œlibs did itā€, the fed hike is by a Trump nominee anyway.

Itā€™s all a conspiracy man. Canā€™t you see it. All to punish Trump cultists. Get woke!! :rofl:

I have no doubt you believe that. That sounds like something Spinach would post. Iā€™m not sure you have any idea how the market really works.

2 Likes

Did the Fed raise rates today? Honest question. Iā€™ve been out of pocket.

Lol this is truly silly.

They raised rates on September 26.

The market, with its usual Bruce Lee reactions, responded today.

1 Like

Okay. Thanks. I knew about the Q3 increase. I just didnā€™t I understand the argument that a single variable alone would cause this selloff today. But alas, that seemed to be the argument @zantax was going for here.

Yeah they have another rate hike planned before end of year. As to this dropā€¦its expected and needed we have been on a long bull run propelled by fed spending and stimulus.

The hangover from it will be gnarly and these big up and down spikes a new normal, IMO.

1 Like

Well they are people causing the Stock Market to go down biggley just to hurt Trump. So maybe Aliens or a witch/wizard.