Uh-oh Jim Jordan!

Another “family values” self-righteous Republican is in some hot water. Jimmy boy didn’t do anything and basically said shut up and wrestle when members of the team he coached came forward to report sexual abuse by the team doctor.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/powerful-gop-rep-jim-jordan-accused-turning-blind-eye-sexual-n888386

Welp.

“Three former wrestlers told NBC News that it was common knowledge that Strauss showered regularly with the students and inappropriately touched them during appointments, and said it would have been impossible for Jordan to be unaware; one wrestler said he told Jordan directly about the abuse.”

I read the article and there’s mixed opinions about who knew what? What I haven’t read though is where the molestation is identified as some sexual act? These are college wrestlers we’re discussing. What doctor can over power them? It sounds like the doctor was a sexual creep but I’m not reading where anything happened other than a doctor telling a student with an injury, to pull his pants down. Do not get me wrong…I don’t approve but this is a far cry from a doctor molesting young girls on a gymnastic team…which is what is trying to be correlated here.

No there is not. The only people in the article that claims Jordan didn’t know were Jim Jordan and his spokesperson. Every other single person in the story said there is no way he could of not known and several even said that they told him about it including his friend and superior.

From the article…

Dunyasha Yetts, who wrestled at Ohio State in 1993 and 1994, said he and others told Jordan about Strauss.

“I remember I had a thumb injury and went into Strauss’ office and he started pulling down my wrestling shorts,” he said. “I’m like, what the f— are you doing? And I went out and told Russ and Jim what happened. I was not having it. They went in and talked to Strauss.”

Yetts said he and his teammates talked to Jordan numerous times about Strauss.

“For God’s sake, Strauss’s locker was right next to Jordan’s and Jordan even said he’d kill him if he tried anything with him,” Yetts said.As for Jordan, Yetts said, “He’s a great guy. We would have all these great talks with him and he talked about how one day he’d be the president of the United States."

“So it’s sad for me to hear that he’s denying knowing about Strauss,” he said. "I don’t know why he would, unless it’s a cover-up. Either you’re in on it, or you’re a liar.”

And this…

DiSabato forwarded to NBC News an email he sent on April 24 to Jordan and the congressman’s brother, Jeff, who runs Jeff Jordan’s State Champ Camp, a nationally known wrestling camp in Ohio. DiSabato sent the email 19 days after Ohio State announced on April 5 that it was investigating Strauss and the administrators of the wrestling program at the time, including the coaches.

DiSabato was concerned that the university would ultimately sweep his allegations under the rug, and he wanted to ensure that Jordan would back him up.

“I ask you to give your full attention to the information attached to this email,” DiSabato wrote. “We [are] watching you. … You have the platform to cut through the double talk, placation and finger pointing.”

It sounds on the surface as being pretty damning for Mr. Jordan here.

LOL…desperation is kicking in.

Found the Kompromat.

It is not about overpowering someone. I’m surprised this has to be explained to you. These were vulnerable kids dealing with a person in a position of authority and power.

Also, there is this…

“Strauss sexually assaulted male athletes in at least fifteen varsity sports during his employment at OSU from 1978 through 1998,” DiSabato wrote in a June 26 email to Kathleen M. Trafford of Porter Wright Morris & Arthur, the Columbus-based law firm that represents Ohio State. “Athlete victims include members of the following programs: football, basketball, wrestling, swimming, cheerleading, volleyball, lacrosse, gymnastics, ice hockey, soccer, baseball, tennis, track and cross country.”

Chillingly, DiSabato added: “Based on testimony from victim athletes from each of the aforementioned varsity sports, we estimate that Strauss sexually assaulted and/or raped a minimum of 1,500/2,000 athletes at OSU from 1978 through 1998.”

Yes, liberal desperation caused him not to care about kids being sexually abused under his care. That’s exactly it.

1 Like

Desperation? By negatively commenting on someone who apparently allowed sexual assaults to go on unchecked? Are you of the opinion that it’s no big deal?

Sweet Jesus Christ almighty.

To be fair, Jordan looks and sounds like the type of guy that would turn a blind eye to sexual assault. So I am not surprised by this revelation.

1 Like

The brilliant @Smyrna asking the hard questions

What does that mean? I’m not seeing any details of these horrendous accusations. Can you fill in the blanks?

I know…it is terribly disturbing. This is like a combination of Jerry Sandusky and Larry Nassar.

Now…please be “brilliant” and answer it? What did the doctor do?

Lib desperation is so strong right now it created a ripple effect through time and space back to 1988!

Whoa. Wait a minute, Doc. Are you trying to tell me that my mother has got the hots for me?

These are kids, and their confidentiality is being protected. But from the article, here you go…

Ohio State has confirmed that investigators have received “confidential reports of sexual misconduct committed by Strauss” from former athletes in 14 sports and from former patients in Student Health Services.

In the video, DiSabato said Strauss knew that many of the athletes were small-town kids who weren’t likely to protest if the doctor told them to disrobe, for fear of losing their scholarships. He said coaches knew that Strauss was a predator.

Another former wrestler whose testimony appears on the video DiSabato submitted to investigators described how Strauss grabbed his penis during an examination.

“I didn’t do a thing,” he said when asked how he responded. “Probably, because I was scared.”

He broke down when asked why, after all these years, he was speaking out.

“Why am I doing this now? It’s just hard,” he said. “I don’t want this to ever have to happen to anybody else, ever … at The Ohio State University or any school.”

It is weird that your initial reaction is to play obtuse and question all of this, when people are coming forward, ON THE RECORD, detailing their experiences. It is not like this is all a bunch of anonymous sources or accusations. There are people putting their names on the public record here.

That’s the point about this whole thing. There’s an attempt to smear someone with generalities but nothing specific. What did the doctor do besides say…pull your pants down? It sounds like the guy is a creep but I’m not hearing anything yet where he’s over powered someone, raped them or committed an actual sexual act. Is there more to this…like with Sandusky and Nassar or is it just a comparison to do political damage?