U.S. will start buying oil to refill Strategic Petroleum Reserve

Trump filled it up. Biden spent it Little children run this admin!!!

2 Likes

I’m all for filling the Petroleum Reserve.

I’m also expecting it to be used politically (and nefariously) again as Nov 2024 approaches.

3 Likes

Where are you getting this miss information?

1 Like

Does this really make sense to you? :smile:

1 Like

A friend of mine is a VP for Chevron. He told me that due to high sulfur and/or acid content the refining costs can be much higher than what they pay to refine some foreign oil for fuel products. So those “heavy” products get used for lubricants, wax, asphalt etc. The only crude that is the closest to being able to provide for all petroleum products before refining is Algeria’s light Saharan Blend.

Your friend?

For decades gasoline was waste byproduct until Henry Ford came around with his assembly line…same as propane.

If we eliminate all gas powered vehicles what do we do with that waste byproduct?

VP of IT? DEI?

We just do what we used to do.

Burn it in pits.

Environmental friendliness at work!

2 Likes

And to top it off…his so-called friend is a fake or outright lying to him.

Texas Crude is benchmark for all oil around the world. In fact it’s some of best crude oil in the world.

Why do libs come here and BS or outright lie to our faces? Do they they actually think they’re so smart…or are they actually that stupid. Inquiring minds want to know.

4 Likes

So @GrandWazoo You want to BS me some more?

1 Like

Here…I’ll actually back up my statement…which was easy to do.

How about Bakken crude?

So tell me where was the BS? I will agree that Texas Crude is very good. But Chevron does not only use oil from Texas. And they do manufacture non-fuel products, correct? And doesn’t refining costs factor into which oil from which well is used for those products?

No. The fact that the U.S. imports oil is not an indication that we can’t meet our own needs

2 Likes

Texas and Alaska are less than half (~46%) of our national production.

Did friend tell you some of the imported is re-exported?

2 Likes

Petroleum products is used for so may things now it’s nearly impossible to eliminate.

Yes Alaskan and “some” parts of Dakota’s aren’t the best oil…and neither is Canadian tar sand from my understanding. Also parts of Gulf of Mexico and Mexico itself isn’t good oil…again that’s from my understanding. Haven’t studied it.

Either way I knew Texas crude was benchmark for oil as long as I can remember. Not saying it’s best in the world but it’s high quality.

I also know that John Rockefeller (Standard oil) got filthy rich once gas powered vehicles came into play…and richer after Standard was broken up and Ford came out with assembly line. Before than that byproduct was burned up…same for LP. Lp is still being burned…I think. Not enough people using propane.

Your computer, Iphone…all those plastic products and many other chemicals used today is from petroleum.

To eliminate gas you first need to eliminate those other products, like diesel, jet fuel, bunker oil, heating oil and yes chemicals. That’s why gas is lot cheaper than diesel and, jet fuel and heating oil.

There was a time when those products where cheaper than gasoline…but due to better gas mileage that demand came down per barrel…thus driving up the cost for diesel, jet fuel and heating oil.

No, but I did read an article about it. The focus was how US oil companies do some refining and re-sell those products at a higher price to make margin profits.

I’m not talking about refining. They import it, let it sit in storage tanks, then send it back out without doing anything to it.

Wow. A whole lotta grand libbing going on here.

All to manufacture disagreement with the fact that we were energy independent just a few years ago.

Gonna need some better google-fu to pull it off. As it stands now, it’s a pile of malarkey.

2 Likes