U.S Senate passed resolution parsing Canada for their help in the Huawei case

U.S Senate has passed a resolution parsing the Canadian government for their help on the Huawei case in which Canadian police intercepted a high ranking Huawei exuctive wanted in the U.S. This move has come at a great cost to the Canadian economy and Canadian citizen (a number of Canadian have been detained in China on trumped up charges) and (a number of major export to China have been halted as punishment).

but this once again show that Canada and the U.S stand together even against nations like China.

The United States Senate has passed a resolution praising the Canadian government for the way it has conducted itself in the case of Huawei Technologies chief financial officer Meng Wanzhou.

The resolution commends “the government of Canada for upholding the rule of law and expressing concern over actions by the government of the People’s Republic of China in response to a request from the United States government to the government of Canada for the extradition of a Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. executive.”

The resolution is nonbinding and is considered an expression of the Senate’s will on the issue.

Canada has face widespread political and economic pressure from China since Meng’s arrest in December and has been looking to its international allies for diplomatic assistance.

I tossed my Huawei phone in the trash fifteen years ago because of KNOWN security and spying risk associated with the company.

I can’t believe it has taken this long for the government to take action against them.

Good on Canada for this.