U.S. issues warning on airspace near Gulf as Iran tensions simmer

And if Trump starts a war in Iran I officially wash my hands of him. The no new war president was one of the few things he has going for him.

What if it’s not his fault? If, through posturing, Iran sinks one of our ships or downs one of our aircraft, we would necessarily respond militarily.

If our ships are fired on they should destroy the threat I mean like a full out war like Iraq, not a skirmish.

That seems to be where we’re headed. Hopefully everyone has steady hands, but accidents happen when tensions are high. Bolton wants regime change, and sanctions aren’t working. We might have to accomplish this goal Iraq style.

If I was being nefarious I might suggest Bolton/Trump is intentionally sending troops into the area to provoke Iran into war. It’s almost like those American lives are the sacrifice needed to get the war that certain people want.

Iraq was cat and mouse games. There was nothing full out war about it.

Well, full out stupidity, maybe, but not war.

Especially if all out war means indesiminate killing of civilians.

All combat operations involve dead civilians. One of many reasons to save it for last.

Don’t go down that path. There are different kinds of war. Just because 100 civilians get killed in one war and a million in another doesn’t mean they’re the same thing.

Your ex military correct?

I speak from a Combat Infantryman’s perspective. Take that knowledge for what it’s worth.

If we’re going to take Iran we need to do it like Daenerys took King’s Landing.

The empire is hungry.

• five points

He’s right. You’re wrong.

Going after Iran and Venezuala isn’t very subtle.

In other news regarding the geopolitical shifts in motion:

“TAIPEI (Reuters) - Taiwan President Tsai Ing-wen said on Friday that China has stepped up efforts to infiltrate and gain influence in the self-ruled and democratic island, and asked national security agencies to counter the campaign.”

If everyone ends up getting the lands they’ve been eyeballing, I’m just gonna have to Crimea River.

If it wasn’t Bolton I’d agree with you

Since when does Trump listen to his advisers? He already said he makes his own decisions.

South Korea? Pissed? They just want the US out of the way for their rapprochement.

Just another leadup to the 2019 version of the Gulf of Tonkin “incident”

Civilians always get caught in the crossfire.

An opponent on the defensive often gets to choose the time and place of a battle. An opponent who is at a material disadvantage will attempt to maximize their advantages in any way they can.

Fighting in built up urban areas gives a non mechanized military force more options for inflicting casualties on the offensive mechanized force, as it limits their maneuverability and visibility on the battlefield. Civilians live in built up areas. As a consequence civilians will always get caught in the crossfire as both sides attempt to flank the other and take buildings and streets.

It’s not right or wrong. It just is what it is.