U.S. farmers say Trump’s US$12-billion China-tariff bailout not enough, may affect their mid-term votes

Bootstraps!

Perhaps we should pay farmers not to grow crops.

1 Like

And more tariffs will impact more farming that is not covered by these subsidies. I saw a news clip about almond farmers in California who export up to 80% of their crops to China. Some of them are really worried that their market is going to dry up and there is no money available from the government.

Yep. California doesn’t support the great leader so no price support for them.

i guess the salmon fishermen get last laugh

Californians are never going to support Trump. Why should Trump advocate for policies which will benefit California?

Elections have consequences. Eat your peas libs.

1 Like

The farmers in California are Trump supporters just like most of them in the rest of the country. And they are in districts in the central valley that are very red. I have heard many of these farmers give him the benefit of the doubt and say that yes, they might be hurt in the short term but believe it will pay off in the long term. However some of them said that they would not be happy if this situation stretched out for a year or more.

If those farmers in California truly cared about America, they would move out of those deep blue states, and take up residence in some battle ground states. Even if the land wasn’t as fertile as California, they would be doing their country a service by helping elect Republicans. There’s no greater good than ensuring Democrats are crushed under our heel.

1 Like

Where do you think the Republican California Congressmen (like Devin Nunes) come from? They are doing a fine job putting Republicans in Congress and in the State Legislature. In many case farm land is an inheritance that is passed from one generation to another. So farmers are not just going to pull up stakes and relocate because of politics.

It is their fault anyways that 3 million illegals voted in California. If they hadn’t hired so many off the books Trump would have won that state

I thought it was more like 5 million? Got to have a buffer you know.

3 million with half voting twice. Easy mistake to make

1 Like

That’s okay, it’s Sunday.

It’s not going to affect their votes. They made an investment of emotion into this MAGA experiment. Would probably take more than 100k in losses just to get them to protest by not voting.

Won’t consider voting against the party though. Their government cheese is important, unlike other people’s government cheese. They don’t want to be lumped in with all us deadbeats on the left

Devin Nunes is a cuck. All the real Republicans have already moved out of state. The only “republican” that can get elected in California might as well be a Democrat.

Have a friend that is a walnut farmer in Northern California. His most recebt guidance on pricing is $0.70 per pound. This is about half the price paid last year. Why? Tariffs and the uncertainty in the market created by them.

Ya I caught that, :stuck_out_tongue:

Trump is not a conservative. You probably know that already though :slight_smile:

Oh well.

Trumpsters are awfully quiet about this… as usual.